APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2010.03.16 - DJ Ashba - A Day In The Life (On Tour with Guns N' Roses)

Go down

2010.03.16 - DJ Ashba - A Day In The Life (On Tour with Guns N' Roses) Empty 2010.03.16 - DJ Ashba - A Day In The Life (On Tour with Guns N' Roses)

Post by Blackstar Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:41 am

Transcript:

[Dj filming his hotel room]

Dj: Hey, it's me and this is the way we start our day. So early in the morning... actually it's like 5:00 in the afternoon, sorry [laughs].

[scene shift; Dj taking the lift]

Dj: Going down lobby going over to PlayTech Music and Sun [?] to do a signing, do a meet n' greet, talk a little bit about the Dominic Collection Probation guitars [?], very proud of them. I've got four different models, they're awesome. I got the Asheville and Chrome Bone, Boneyard and Bone Daddy model [?] which you'll be seeing here in just a second.

[scene shift; Dj signing merch and answering fan questions]

Dj: You don't like being on camera, do you?

Jarmo: No, not [?]

Dj: [laughs]

[scene shift; Dj and Jarmo in a car with others]

Fan: How do you feel about playing with Gun N' Roses?

Dj: I feel great. No, like I said, it's a dream come true. I come from a little town in Indiana called Monticello and - not far from our Axl's from actually. It's weird you know, I grew up watching Guns N' Roses and learning all their songs and, you know, if you would have told me back then that I was going to be the guitar player in Guns N' Roses [?] But, you know, everything happens for a reason and I'm thankful, I couldn't be in a better situation. Axl is, you know, one of my best friends, just one of greatest guys out there.

[scene shift; Dj and Bumblefoot in a car]

Someone: Scalpers! Jesus! [laughs]

Dj: Are you excited?

Bumblefoot: Am I excited? I'm very excited to be in this [?] office, punching in and make some noise, and punch out.

[scene shift, exiting the car; Dj talking briefly to woman]

[scene shift, backstage with guitar tech Chris Whitemyer]

Dj: What's up, Chris? Say hello to YouTube! Yeah! Rip a lick! There we go, fucking Whitemyer [?]

[scene shift, backstage]

Dj: So we're here testing out my new guitar rig and, ah, Chris Whitemyer, yeah you [pointing at camera]...

Chris: [laughing while filming Dj]

Dj: ...And it's fucking rad, check it out. A bunch of the guitars I have. So we're testing out the Sweet Child O' Mine sound right now. [plays the intro to Sweet Child} Sounds good. Good job, Chris!

[scene shift; backstage]

Dj: Okay, the doors just opened so I'm gonna go out and throw out a couple pics to some of the fans. I'll be sneaky about it.

Someone: Oh yeah, you're subtle!

[Dj going out on stage; crowd chanting "Dj! Dj! Dj!"]

Dj: So Chris is getting Leatherface ready to make a debut.

[Dj playing the intro to Chinese Democracy on stage; clips from throughout the show]

[scene shift; Dj talking to a young kid]

Dj: Why do you like Guns N' Roses?

Kid: I love Guns N' Roses.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87861

Back to top Go down