APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2008.11.24 - Rockerrazzi - Interview with GN'R manager Andy Gould

Go down

2008.11.24 - Rockerrazzi - Interview with GN'R manager Andy Gould  Empty 2008.11.24 - Rockerrazzi - Interview with GN'R manager Andy Gould

Post by Blackstar Sun May 23, 2021 6:34 pm

Transcript of the Andy Gould part:

Rockerazzi: Did you ever think this day would come? I heard you... look up the Roxy sign and in amazement.

Andy Gould: You know, yeah, because it's a great record. It deserves to come out. You know, an answer like that it's kind of intrinsically managed emotion [?] but this one has to be true. You know, if you hear a record and it's great, you hear music and it's great, not a record, to me music, record business is out of business, music business is fully in business, and this is music.

Rockerazzi: So how was it working with Axl? Is it difficult?

Gould: No, you know what, you know, I've said this a few times before so I it's true, the marriage of art and commerce is an interesting marriage. This is not always, you know, what I always say when they ask the guy to paint the Sistine Chapel they didn't say, "Can you do it in the fourth quarter?" they said, "Can you do it?" "Can you make a great piece of art?" They didn't put time on it, we put time on it because we need to have the record out because we need to make money for the big record labels, you know, and everybody, and I suppose we're part of that. But art versus commerce, give me art every time. I always say to young bands, "If you make to... if you chase money, maybe you'll get money, but if you chase art, they'll back the money truck up to your house every time". And Axl believes...I think, you know...it took a long time to make a record but it's a great record. Is it worth waiting for? Yeah, it really is.

Rockerazzi: 15 years is a long time.

Gould: You know what, sometimes things... you know, as you know, everyone knows sometimes things get the better of you. But I believe at the end of the day, if you listen to it, it's a great piece of art. I stand by his.... you know, he told me when it was ready to come, it's ready to come.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87861

Back to top Go down