APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2007.04.DD - The Classic Metal Show (via Blabbermouth) - Interview with Bumblefoot

Go down

2007.04.DD - The Classic Metal Show (via Blabbermouth) - Interview with Bumblefoot Empty 2007.04.DD - The Classic Metal Show (via Blabbermouth) - Interview with Bumblefoot

Post by Blackstar Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:05 am

"The Classic Metal Show" recently conducted an interview with Guns N' Roses guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. A couple of excerpts follow:

The Classic Metal Show: Obviously, the guy you replaced, Buckethead, had a lot going on with his image. You know, with the mask and the chicken bucket and whatnot. Given that fact, would you ever consider playing a gig wearing, you know, like a spacesuit on stage with Guns N' Roses?

Bumblefoot: You know, there's not much that I wouldn't wear. I remember one time around Passover, I did a gig where I dressed up in all my old Bar Mitzvah stuff, and in between songs was just preaching all this stuff about building pyramids and 3,000 years of retribution; kind of like a militant rabbi. Another time, I did a gig where I wore a big pair of sweats and stuffed 20 sweaters into it all, and looked like I was 400 pounds. There's pretty much nothing that I won't wear. But as you know, I wouldn't want to embarrass (Guns N' Roses) the way I would be willing to embarrass just myself. But yeah, I would wear a space suit. I'd be cool doing that.

The Classic Metal Show: Yeah, or maybe dress like a homeless Omish guy too, right?

Bumblefoot: (laughing) Yeah, I would do that. Actually, I usually dress like that anyway (laughing).

The Classic Metal Show: How has Lemmy from Motorhead influenced your career?

Bumblefoot: Well, first of all, that Lemmy even allowed my mother to give birth to me and push me out, I have to thank him for that. And, actually, just for creating the whole act of child birth. There really wouldn't be that without him. I would say that just the fact that if I have two balls, they were given to me by him! He gives balls, and he can take them away; so don't fuck with him! So I want to thank Lemmy for my birth and my balls! Lemmy fuckin' rules!

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-guitarist-bumblefoot-says-he-would-play-gigs-in-a-spacesuit/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87097

Back to top Go down