APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2005.04.06 - Sp1at - Interview with Craig Duswalt (Axl's former personal assistant)

2 posters

Go down

2005.04.06 - Sp1at - Interview with Craig Duswalt (Axl's former personal assistant) Empty 2005.04.06 - Sp1at - Interview with Craig Duswalt (Axl's former personal assistant)

Post by Blackstar Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:05 am

Interview with Craig Duswalt

1) How did you get the position of Axl Rose's personal assistant?

CD) I toured with Air Supply with Doug Goldstein. Doug eventually became the manager of GNR and he asked me if I was ready to go on the road again.

2) What did the position involve, and do you have any good stories relating to your time with the Guns n'roses camp?

CD) I took care of everything related to Axl and was with him 24/7. Too many great stories - too many to list here.

3) Did you leave the role of Axl Rose's personal assistant on good terms?

CD) Axl and I left on great terms and we are still friends to this day - even though he's a Raiders fan and I'm a Chiefs fan.

4) Have you heard the new Velvet Revolver album? If so, what are your opinions on it and have you seen them live?

CD) I think the album is great - I still hook up with Slash and Duff from time to time. I have yet to see them live.

5) Axl Rose has been getting alot of bad press recently over the time he has taken to complete the new Guns n' Roses album, 'Chinese Democracy'. What is your opinion on this, and what is your opinion on Axl as a person?

CD) I heard most of the tracks back in 1999 at a dinner at Axl's house with Brian May of Queen - he was adding some guitar tracks. The songs were phenomenal. I do not know the exact reasons the album has not been released yet, but I do know that Axl will only release what he is extremely happy with - he will never settle for less.

Axl is one of the nicest guys in the world. He's not so great in public but I think it's because he's uncomfortable with his fame and probably because he's pretty much "invaded" all the time. One on one, he's great - he loves to discuss, debate... everything. Yes he has issues, but we all do. During the tour he was a great friend to me and a great friend to my wife. I have total respect for him.

6) What is your opinion on the current court case between Slash/Duff and Axl Rose relating to rights over old GN'R material?

CD) I will not get into this.

7) Outside of Guns n' Roses, what other famous people/rock stars have you met, that you can remember?

CD) Oh my God the list is endless. I'll type until it hurts. Elton John Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton Stephanie Seymour, Naomi Campbell, Christie Turlington Gianni Versace Brain May, Roger Taylor, John Deacon Led Zepplin The Who Liza Minnelli Elizabeth Taylor Spinal Tap Kurt Cobain, Courtney Love George Michael Annie Lennox David Bowie Air Supply Tommy Lee Tears For Fears Seal REO Speedwagon Def Leppard Dave Navarro Shannon Hoon Prince Madonna Monica Seles Ex-KC Chiefs - Derrick Thomas, Nick Lowery, Tim Grunhard etc., etc., etc., these are some of the ones I remember...

When was the last time you saw any of the members of old GN'R?

CD) Slash, Duff, Matt this past year. Dizzy about a year and a half ago, Gilby about a year ago.

9) What did you do after you left the role of Axl Rose's personal assistant, and what are you doing now?

CD) Started my own businesses. I own a theatre in Santa Clarita, California - Repertory East Playhouse. My wife and I also own a modeling and talent agency - Peak Models & Talent in LA.

10) Based on what you know about the new Guns n' Roses album, are you confident Axl can make Guns n'roses big again?

CD) Not big. Huge.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050409163906/http://www.sp1at.com/item.php?id=252
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down

2005.04.06 - Sp1at - Interview with Craig Duswalt (Axl's former personal assistant) Empty Re: 2005.04.06 - Sp1at - Interview with Craig Duswalt (Axl's former personal assistant)

Post by Soulmonster Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:45 pm

When did Duswalt stop being Axl's personal assistant? Anyone knows?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76731

Back to top Go down

2005.04.06 - Sp1at - Interview with Craig Duswalt (Axl's former personal assistant) Empty Re: 2005.04.06 - Sp1at - Interview with Craig Duswalt (Axl's former personal assistant)

Post by Blackstar Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:09 pm

Soulmonster wrote:When did Duswalt stop being Axl's personal assistant? Anyone knows?
A little after the tour ended, seemingly in 1994.

But he kept direct contact with Axl in the following years, at least until the early 00s.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down