APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2004.11.20 - The Irish Examiner - Slash: 'I was suicidal when I left GNR'

2 posters

Go down

2004.11.20 - The Irish Examiner - Slash: 'I was suicidal when I left GNR' Empty 2004.11.20 - The Irish Examiner - Slash: 'I was suicidal when I left GNR'

Post by Blackstar Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:47 am

Slash: 'I was suicidal when I left GNR'

Legendary guitarist Slash considered suicide after watching Axl Rose record his vocals at the final Guns N' Roses recording session.

The band recorded a cover of the Rolling Stones' 'Sympathy for the devil' in 1994 and by that point Rose wouldn't even look at Slash.

The next day, Slash decided to leave the band.

Slash, who now plays with Velvet Revolver, recalls he went home to sleep, waking up two hours later.

He says: "I was suicidal. If I'd had a gun with me at that time, I probably would have done myself in.

"If I'd had a half-ounce of f**king heroin with me, I probably just would've gone. It was heavy. It was a headspace I'd never been in before.

"Somehow I managed to go back to sleep. Then, when I woke up later that morning, I made a decision. I felt the whole weight of the world drop."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/arid-30176789.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87097

Back to top Go down

2004.11.20 - The Irish Examiner - Slash: 'I was suicidal when I left GNR' Empty Re: 2004.11.20 - The Irish Examiner - Slash: 'I was suicidal when I left GNR'

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:43 pm

Well, Slash didn't quit after the Sympathy sessions - this is probably a mistake by the newspaper - but his feelings when he actually did quit the band was likely like this because he mentioned being depressed elsewhere, too.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76582

Back to top Go down