APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2001.09.DD - Guitar One - Interview with Dave Navarro [excerpts]

Go down

2001.09.DD - Guitar One - Interview with Dave Navarro [excerpts] Empty 2001.09.DD - Guitar One - Interview with Dave Navarro [excerpts]

Post by Blackstar Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:39 pm

One example would be your involvement with the world's first taste of new Guns N' Roses--your solo on "Oh My God" from The End of Days soundtrack (Geffen).

Dave: The truth is, I wish there was an interesting story, but it was honestly like just doing a session. Axl and I had been trying to play for years, and it just never worked out for one reason or another. He just called me and it happened to be a good time, so it worked out. But I just kinda went down there and I spent maybe an hour and a half in the studio, played some stuff, and went home.

[...]

Did you ever consider being a part of the version of GN'R Axl was putting together?

Dave: No, only because I already had my hands in my new book and in this record and the possibility of a Jane's reunion. I didn't wanna bite off more than I could chew. And honestly, I love him as a person and I love his music, but I don't know if it's necessarily suited for me personally.

---------
Source:
http://www.angelfire.com/rock2/2001axl//articles/DaveNavSnip.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down