APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2019.07.31 - SiriusXM's Trunk Nation - Interview with Tracii

2 posters

Go down

2019.07.31 - SiriusXM's Trunk Nation - Interview with Tracii Empty 2019.07.31 - SiriusXM's Trunk Nation - Interview with Tracii

Post by Soulmonster Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:05 am

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76730

Back to top Go down

2019.07.31 - SiriusXM's Trunk Nation - Interview with Tracii Empty Re: 2019.07.31 - SiriusXM's Trunk Nation - Interview with Tracii

Post by Blackstar Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:49 pm

Excerpts from Alternative Nation:
---------------------------------------

Former Guns N’ Roses guitarist and L.A. Guns frontman Tracii Guns was recently interviewed by the Metal God, Eddie Trunk during a recent edition of Trunk’s SiriusXM show. Here Guns reveals how his former manager fired Axl Rose from Hollywood Rose, a group that was the precursor for what would ultimately become Guns N’ Roses, and featured such members as Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Tracii Guns, and Chris Weber. Alternative Nation transcribed Guns’ comments.

Guns: So, Axl got into an argument with our manager and our manager fired Axl but we all lived together so it was all really weird. So, that same night he got fired we started Guns N’ Roses and I called Izzy the next day and said: “Hey, we are gonna start this new band called Guns N’ Roses, do you want in?” And he agreed. It was as simple as that, no paint or cocaine involved.

Trunk: And the name was just putting your name and Axl’s last name together? That was the idea?

Guns: That was it, yeah. The original idea was before we decided to just start a new band Axl made note that we could still write songs and record because we had an independent EP that was about to come out so we knew how to record and we knew how to put something out on our own. So, five minutes before the new band was Guns N’ Roses our record label was Guns N’ Roses so it was a very quick evolution of ideas that happened. As soon as Izzy committed to it the next day we were really excited about it and the rest, as they say, is history.

https://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-member-reveals-fired-axl-rose/

Original Guns N’ Roses guitarist Tracii Guns recently told Eddie Trunk on SiriusXM what led to his departure from the band, and how Axl Rose being ‘angry’ and dictating to the band is what led to him quitting the band, and how Duff McKagan seemed to accept Axl’s behavior due to the large crowds at shows. Alternative Nation transcribed Guns’ comments.

Guns: What had happened when I did leave, finally [was] Axl [Rose]  was hanging out with somebody that I went to high school with actually or junior high school and had disappeared for like, a week. The next time I had seen Axl was at soundcheck at my second to last show and Axl had just started dictating to everybody and he was angry. It was like: “Who is this guy? I don’t know this guy!” We had been living together for almost a year and it sucked because that show was absolutely packed to the gills. It was at this place called The Timbers Club in Glendora and the band was on fire, you know? Yet me and Izzy [Stradlin] were just looking at each other from across the stage like: “This is weird…” All of a sudden we weren’t connected to Axl. You know like he had taken over his space and was really talking a lot and we weren’t playing a lot.

https://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-icon-reveals-axl-rose-became-dictator/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87859

Back to top Go down