APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Article on Tommy and his new solo record in Glide Magazine - May 19, 2011

Go down

Article on Tommy and his new solo record in Glide Magazine - May 19, 2011 Empty Article on Tommy and his new solo record in Glide Magazine - May 19, 2011

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 19, 2011 10:41 am

Tommy Stinson Releasing New Solo Effort
May 19, 2011

TOMMY STINSON, founding member of the seminal Minneapolis-based rock group The Replacements, and current bass player for Guns N’ Roses and Soul Asylum will release his second solo effort, One Man Mutiny, on his own Done To Death Music label on August 30th, 2011.

One Man Mutiny is his most fully-realized effort to date in both production quality and craftsmanship of song. “I’m finding it a lot more interesting to make music these days,” says Tommy. “Especially given the musical climate as of the last few years – there are a lot of people complaining about how bad it is. I am actually embracing the challenges”. This album is also a family affair for Tommy – his fiancée Emily Roberts sings harmonies on many of the songs and lead on his first ever duet, “Destroy Me,” while her uncle Chip Roberts’ slide guitar playing flavors the album from beginning to end.

The album was produced by Phillip Broussard, Jr. (who has engineered records for such groups as Red Hot Chili Peppers, Weezer as well as Tommy’s 1st solo effort, Village Gorilla Head) and recorded at Tommy’s Bipolarbear studios in both Los Angeles and suburban Philadelphia. The exception would be “One Man Mutiny,” which was recorded with Guns N’ Roses members Dizzy Reed and Richard Fortus in the restaurant of the Conrad Hotel in Brussels, Belgium on a day off from their 2010 European tour, which was documented on video (along with all sorts of other adventures on the road with GnR) on Tommy’s website www.tommystinson.com. The album was mixed by Sean Beavan (GnR, Nine Inch Nails, and Tommy’s Village Gorilla Head).

Stinson, whose career began at the tender age of 13, has spent his entire life thus far making music and touring incessantly, leaving an indelible mark in the world of music and pop culture.

After the Replacements stopped playing in 1991, Stinson went on to record with his Faces-flavored group Bash & Pop and the more straight-forward Perfect. His first solo release, Village Gorilla Head, was released in 2004 receiving praise from the critics and the fans. In 2005, Stinson also scored his first movie ("Catch and Release" with Jennifer Garner) with musician pal, BT.

Source: http://www.glidemagazine.com/articles/57200/tommy-stinson-releasing-new-solo-effort.html
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down