APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1992.07.30 - New York Daily News - Homestead act of ’92

Go down

1992.07.30 - New York Daily News - Homestead act of ’92 Empty 1992.07.30 - New York Daily News - Homestead act of ’92

Post by Blackstar Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:27 pm

1992.07.30 - New York Daily News - Homestead act of ’92 1992_034

Transcription:
--------------------

Homestead act of ’92

PLATTERS OF 10-POUND lobsters, foot-high slabs of prime beef and unending bottles of Dom Perignon and Chateux Margaux floated over the crowd and landed at their tables. Eager young groupies revealed massive busts in eye-popping outfits. Into the middle of this swirl wandered a kinder, gentler Axl Rose.

The Guns N’ Roses singer picked up the tab for the food-drink orgy for 160 party animals at the Old Homestead restaurant on Ninth Ave. Tour mates Faith No More and groupies and roadies jumped on tables and shouted in praise of Axl (after ripping through tens of thousands of dollars worth of 65 lobsters, 45 king-sized Kobe steaks and 30 extra-thick slabs of prime rib).

Axl, 30, a crucifix dangling from his neck, stood on a chair and shouted: "I want to ------ thank all you ------ guys, all you ------ people, for the best ------ tour, you’re the ------ greatest. You're the best ------ support crew I ever ------ worked with ” (A bystander said this sounded suspiciously like his last thank-you speech.)

As the party surged into the wee hours, waiter Randy Steinman revealed to Axl that he’d likely miss court-reporting classes the next day. Axl wrote this note for his teacher, “Dear Mr. Sacco, I’m so sorry Randy was absent from school as he was working hard to feed starving heathens. Please excuse him, as with any luck it will happen again. Sincerely. W. Axl Rose.’’

STEAK-ING OUT A GUNS N’ ROSES PARTY

Red-blooded rocker Axl Rose (l., making eyes at a fan, and below, contemplating his dinner), his bandmates and more than 100 others went Slash-ing into slabs of Grade A cuts (while also working the steamed-lobster shift) Tuesday at Axl’s favorite New York restaurant, the Old Homestead on Ninth Ave. Bass player Duff McKagan, bottom l., takes off with wife Linda for a little elbow room, while Slash, bottom r., takes time to lock lips with fiance Rene Hudson.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87967

Back to top Go down