APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2019.01.27 - Thomann Music - Interview with Duff at NAMM

Go down

2019.01.27 - Thomann Music - Interview with Duff at NAMM  Empty 2019.01.27 - Thomann Music - Interview with Duff at NAMM

Post by Blackstar Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:39 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87859

Back to top Go down

2019.01.27 - Thomann Music - Interview with Duff at NAMM  Empty Re: 2019.01.27 - Thomann Music - Interview with Duff at NAMM

Post by Blackstar Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:26 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
------------------------------------

Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan says that his upcoming solo album will consist of "observational songs" that find him "pointing out out some things" that he has noticed over the course of the last few years of touring.

McKagan began recording the album back in March 2018 with producer Shooter Jennings. The two worked out of Station House studios, located in Echo Park, California, writing and recording in between McKagan's tour with seminal rock band Guns N' Roses and the release of Jennings's eponymous album, "Shooter".

The album will be McKagan's musical follow-up to 2015's best-selling book, "How To Be A Man (And Other Illusions)".

Speaking to Thomann Music at this year's NAMM show in Anaheim, California, Duff said about the genesis of his new solo record: "I've written a couple of books. And this last tour that I was just on was two and a half years [long], and we traveled around the world, like, four times. And it was a very interesting time. The last two and a half years has been interesting in England, interesting in America [and] interesting in the rest of the rest of the world as well. And I'm a history reader. All I do, really, is just read every night. I like being informed, I like traveling, talking to people and knowing what the lay of the land is wherever I go. And it's evolved over the 30 years that I've been traveling. It interests me. Instead of writing a book about that, which is what I was thinking of doing, especially the climate that we've evolved into — sort of more divided… This has happened many times before. History repeats itself, but people get pretty [worked] up not realizing this has happened before.

"So I wrote these little vignettes that were gonna be starts of stories I was gonna write about, but they became songs," he continued. "[They're] kind of observational songs… And I'm really proud of it. It's like another book for me. It's a launching of a book as opposed to… It's not a rock record, so I don't know if people will be surprised or not. But I thought it was important for me now as a father and a citizen…

"I've read so many goddamn books on history, and I still do, that I thought maybe it's time for me to just point out some things that I've observed," Duff added. "Not pointing fingers at anybody, 'cause that does no good. I feel like I have a voice that I can kind of say, 'This has happened before. Here's what happened then. It's happening again. Let's not fall for it again.'"

McKagan went on to say that he played acoustic guitar and bass on the record, with accompaniment from Shooter's band.

As for his touring plans in support of the solo album, Duff said: "I think I'm gonna do some festivals this summer — in June… It's all getting laid out. I think I'm gonna start in Washington D.C. I'm gonna play particular shows that mean something — or hope to. But the festivals we're working on right now."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-on-new-solo-album-its-not-a-rock-record
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87859

Back to top Go down