APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1991.06.03 - New York Magazine - Axl Rose Sings Tunes by Teleprompter

Go down

1991.06.03 - New York Magazine - Axl Rose Sings Tunes by Teleprompter

Post by Blackstar on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
---------------------
TRANSCRIPTION:
---------------------

AXL ROSE SINGS TUNES BY TELEPROMPTER

Controversial rocker Axl Rose is running into trouble with his lyrics again, but this time, it’s because he can’t seem to remember them. In 1988, the singer’s group, Guns N’ Roses, caused a stir with a song that contained sexual and racial slurs. At a concert last month, Rose got some snickers from the audience when he was seen reading lyrics off a TelePrompTer.

“It was hilarious,” says one person at the event. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”

“I don’t know why everyone’s jumping on him for that,” says a spokeswoman for Geffen Records, the band’s label. “As long as I’ve been in the music business, musicians have been writing their lyrics in big block letters on pieces of paper on the stage or on their arms or anywhere they can find. The only thing different about this is that they were using modem electronic equipment.”
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 7842

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum