APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2008.07.10 - 97.5 KMOD - Interview with Steven at Rocklahoma Festival

Go down

2008.07.10 - 97.5 KMOD - Interview with Steven at Rocklahoma Festival  Empty 2008.07.10 - 97.5 KMOD - Interview with Steven at Rocklahoma Festival

Post by Blackstar Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:36 pm

Transcript:
-----------------------

Lynn Hernandez: KMOD is very proud to have former Guns N’ Roses drummer with us, Steven Adler!

Steven: Thank you. It’s wonderful being here. I had a great time doing a little jam session on stage for Rocklahoma.

Hernandez: (?)

Steven: It’s nice and hot. All the girls are nice and hot.

Hernandez: Well, the one thing about the rain and everything, girls wear bikinis.

Steven: I was playing with my buddy Chip from Enuff Z'Nuff until the stage (?). It was so great.

Hernandez: I wanted to ask you about that. So we heard you on stage.

Steven: That was great. Except only one small problem.

Hernandez: What was that?

Steven: Somebody stole my shoes (laughs).

Hernandez: What is that? Oh-

Don Cristi: Someone stole his shoes, dude.

Steven: Someone stole my fucking shoes.

Cristi: Steven Adler lost his shoes.

Steven: I didn’t lose them. Somebody stole them.

Cristi: And you owe me $200 for a Razer phone, because you signed my son’s Razer phone (?)

(Laughter)

Steven: You tricked me!

Cristi: No, dude. We put that on eBay. Steven Adler autographed Razer phone.

Hernandez: Believe me, his shoes will be on eBay also.

Steven: Click on the computer. I guarantee they’re on there now (laughs).

Hernandez: That’s $50 a shoe. That’s a good deal. Steven, our co-host here, Don Cristi.

Cristi: Hey, dude.

Hernandez: Obviously we’re both big fans. So tell us about-

Steven: I’m a big fan of Tulsa (?)

Hernandez: So how many times have you guys played in Tulsa?

Steven: I’ve played fucking at least four times, plus two at the Rocklahoma festival.

Cristi: What are you working on now? I mean outside of the festivals.

Steven: You know what? I just played here, but if you go on myspace, Steven Adler myspace, you can check everything out. I’m pretty much doing, you know, shows like we did today.

Someone: (?)

Steven: Yeah, yeah. I have South American shows coming up, I have US shows coming up…

Cristi: Are you a hired gun?

Steven: I’m not a hired gun. I’m just here to have fun.

Cristi: (Laughs) Awesome.

Steven: And have a great time.

Hernandez: Tell us about Adler’s Appetite a little bit.

Cristi: Remind everybody what Adler’s Appetite is about.

Steven: Adler’s Appetite is my own band that I take all around the world and I do all the GN’R songs that, you know, I played and recorded with Guns N’ Roses.

Hernandez: (?)

Steven: And I’m excited to play in other countries where they don’t speak English, but they sing every word, so it’s a lot of fun. That’s what keeps me busy.

Hernandez: That’s crazy. A country that doesn’t speak English, yet they’re…

Cristi: They speak Guns N’ Roses.

(Laughter)

Cristi: (in fake foreign accent): “We speak Guns N’ Roses!”

Steven: They speak the language of GN’R.

Hernandez: So what’s your favorite part about this whole Rocklahoma experience?

Steven: All the people! They’ve been so nice and so great to me, and everybody’s having so much fun. It gives me the opportunity to have even more fun.

Hernandez: I saw you backstage, DC [Don Cristi] and I, and it really is – I’ve heard this from other bands. It’s kind of like a high school reunion. You know, you guys are all, “Hey, I haven’t seen you in forever. What have you been up to?”…

Steven: Everybody, all these bands are bands that I and Guns N’ Roses were playing with out on Sunset Strip. So it’s really great (?) playing in different bands together with. It’s really great.

Cristi: So you’ll hang out for the whole weekend?

Steven: Actually I have a show in San Antonio on Saturday. So we’re spending the night here.

Hernandez: Is that a rock festival?

Steven: It’s a rock festival. (?). It’s gonna be good.

Hernandez: It’s kind of like a Rocklahoma wannabe.

Cristi: Right.

Steven: Exactly!

Hernandez: (Laughs) Ain’t five nights, baby. We have five nights in a row.

Steven: It’s beautiful here.

Hernandez: Yeah. So, I don’t know if you wanna talk about this… Celebrity Rehab, can I ask you about that?

Steven: That was really great, and I’m gonna be continuing with that next week with Celebrity Sober Living. That will be even more fun, crazy MFs all getting together and trying to stay sober, working on to stay sober. It’s gonna be a lot of… you’re gonna have to check it out (?).

Hernandez: We will (?) Celebrity Rehab with you.

Steven: You have to follow myspace to check it out.

Hernandez: Okay.

Steven: It’s just gonna be some different people. One person is really, really – and he’s gonna be coming (?) with us, Seth, the singer for…

Cristi: Crazy Town.

Steven: Crazy Town. He’s such a sweetheart. He looks crazy, like (?), but he’s such a sweetheart.

Hernandez: I think he’s got more tattoos.

Steven: He’s got way more tattoos. (?)

Cristi: Oklahoma is not exactly the capital city of staying into sobriety.

Steven: No, it’s not, but… I think it makes it even harder. That’s the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do, and one of the most exciting things that I’ve had to do.

Hernandez: Well, god bless you, man. We wish you the best.

Steven: Thank you.

[Cross talk]

Hernandez: Hey man, we’re the kindest buds here in Oklahoma.

Steven: (?)

Hernandez: So fill us in-

Steven: There’s my t-shirt-

Hernandez: We’ll work on that. Fill us in on what you’re down to, what the future has for Steven Adler.

Steven: You gotta check on myspace. It’s all I could say.

Cristi: His future lives on myspace.com/stevenadler.

Steven: stevenadler.

Hernandez: That’s funny. It’s been 20 minutes since I last checked my myspace and I’m nerdy like that. So I’m gonna add you as a friend. Don’t deny me, okay?

Cristi: (Laughs) Because a lot of chicks do. (?)

(Laughter)

Hernandez: The fat ones do (?).

Steven: You’ve got that going for you.

Hernandez: The fat chicks are more appreciative.

Steven: (?) It’s big and beautiful.

[Cross talk]

Hernandez: Okay. Steven Adler, thank you very, very much for coming by KMOD, and have a good time at Rocklahoma.

Cristi: Thanks for coming, man. We appreciate it.

From Blabbermouth:
Ex-Guns N' Roses Drummer Steven Adler Confirms VH1 'Sober Living' Rumors; Video Available

Lynn Hernandez of Tulsa, Oklahoma's 97.5 KMOD radio station conducted an interview with former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler at this past weekend's (July 9-13) Rocklahoma festival in Pryor, Oklahoma. Watch the seven-minute chat below.

Adler has confirmed that he has agreed to participate in the proposed VH1 "Celebrity Rehab" spinoff called "Sober Living". Also rumored to be taking part is Crazy Town singer Seth "Shifty" Binzer.

The show, which would be a cross between "Surreal Life" and "The Real World", would put a number of "Celebrity Rehab" alumni together in a luxurious Beverly Hills mansion for 30 days while they try to rebuild their careers without drugs and alcohol, according to the New York Post.

Like "Celebrity Rehab", the new show would prominently feature Dr. Drew Pinsky ("Loveline"), who oversees the celebs during their stints in televised rehab.

Steven Adler last month underwent detoxification and treatment at a center in the Los Angeles area on the second season of the hit reality series "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew". The series, consisting of eight one-hour episodes, is slated to premiere October 2008 on VH1.

Similar to the first cycle, the second season of "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" will follow Jeff Conaway as he checks back into rehab after a series of back surgeries, setbacks and subsequent reliance on pain medications. Joining him in rehab are Sean Stewart ("Sons of Hollywood"), Amber Smith (model/actress), Rodney King, Nikki McKibbon ("American Idol"), Adler and Tawny Kitaen. Gary Busey, who is 13 years sober from his cocaine addiction, will also be joining the cast to take the journey with the others and to share his experiences on the recovery process.

The series will chronicle the patients' intensive 21-day program with both group and one-on-one therapy and non-traditional therapies like art and music. Returning to the show to help Dr. Drew are drug counselor Bob Forrest and resident technician Shelly Sprague who have each spent years on both sides of the rehab fence. Dr. Drew is also bringing in some additional prominent physicians to help him give the patients supplementary one-on-one care. The patients' families will also be more involved with their recovery programs and, in some cases, will receive treatment themselves. After they completed the program, the patients will be strongly encouraged to continue their treatment in a sober living facility or treatment center for at least three months at VH1's expense.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down