APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2008.07.03 - Artisan News - Slash in Drag on Sunset Strip on Ladies Night?

Go down

2008.07.03 - Artisan News - Slash in Drag on Sunset Strip on Ladies Night?  Empty 2008.07.03 - Artisan News - Slash in Drag on Sunset Strip on Ladies Night?

Post by Blackstar Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:25 pm

SLASH IN DRAG ON SUNSET STRIP ON LADIES NIGHT?
July 03, 2008

The Sunset Strip Music Festival took place last weekend and it featured some of the notable owners of famous clubs like the Roxy, and also some notable performers such as Slash, Everclear, and the all-star band Camp Freddy.

During a chat with the owners of the clubs and Larry King, Slash took the podium and recalled how he used to dress in drag when he was underage so he could hang out with former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler at the Rainbow on The Sunset Strip during ladies night!

"So I went home and I got drunk, and I was like going to go home and figure out some way of getting into the Rainbow, and I was going to hook up with Steven. So, I had this idea, since it was ladies night, that I would go in drag. I would dress up like a chick. I took my mom's car and her clothes and drove back up to the Rainbow, went to Steady, and he just let me in. No ID. I was all good."

He remembered one scary moment during that experiment.

"And it seemed like a novel idea. It seemed like an entertaining idea until as I was in the Rainbow I realized that Steven wasn't there. The joke was since Seven would f--k anything he would pick up on me, and it would be a big joke. But Steven had already picked up some other chick and all of the sudden this black cloud came over me and I realized that I was standing in the middle of the Rainbow Room in girl's clothes. So, I hightailed it out of there. So, Mario, that did happen."

The Sunset Strip Music Festival kicked off on June 26th, 2008 with a special tribute to Sunset Strip club icons Adler, Mario Maglieri and Elmer Valentine, which was hosted by Mark McGrath and featured appearances by Slash, Cheech and Chong, Michelle Phillips and culminated with performances by Camper Van Beethoven and Everclear.

-- Reporting by Brian Miller, Los Angeles

http://web.archive.org/web/20111202173817/http://www.artisannews.com/ans101/templates/default.aspx?a=5056&z=98
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down