APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1998.08.29 - The Pet Shop Show - Interview with Slash

Go down

1998.08.29 - The Pet Shop Show - Interview with Slash Empty 1998.08.29 - The Pet Shop Show - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:17 am

Transcript:

Host: My next guest is one of rock and roll's great guitar players. Please welcome Slash and one of his favourite snakes!

[Slash enters]

Host: It's Slash! Man! We haven't had this reaction in years to a guest... since we had Fred Travelina on the show.

Slash: All things considered, how many years has been going on anyway?

Host: Not too long.

[laughter]

Host: Laughter is always good. Is something all right? Everything okay?

Slash: I have to keep a cool angle

[cut?]

Slash: Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, before we get off on a bad start...

Host: Okay.

Slash: I didn't actually... I dressed in two seconds.

Host: Did you?

Slash: Yeah, so I didn't know what color pants you're gonna wear and I knew I was gonna bring a yellow snake. I didn't color coordinate the whole thing.

[laughter]

[cut]

Host: So you don't bring these all these snakes on stage with you?

Slash: No, not at all.

Host: Because Alice Cooper used to do that.

Slash: I've seen... I've seen... Alice and I are good friends but it's part of his, uh, his stage show or whatever. But I've seen a lot of snakes die on the road. Shock value is one of those things that a lot of musicians or whatever would do to bring out that devilish... I'm not into that. My snakes are really just my pets.

Host: How did you get into snakes initially?

Slash: Like when I was about eight years old I went to San Francisco, I catch Garter snakes, you know, and ever since then...

Host: ...you've been into it?

Slash: Yeah. But I was into dinosaurs... into anything that was wrong.

[cut]

[Slash presenting two other reptiles in a taped segment]

[cut]

Someone: I think you'll like this.

[someone unveiling art depicting an iguana holding an electric guitar]

[applause]

Someone: There is a little top hat up here.

[discussing the iguana]

Someone: This is for you to hang up in your house. And I really like this guy.

Slash: He's a sweetheart.

Host: And we want to thank slash so much for coming here. You enjoy that. Slash is gonna play with the band right now!
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87993

Back to top Go down