APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Guns N'Roses Biopic in the works? - TRUE

3 posters

Go down

Guns N'Roses Biopic in the works? - TRUE Empty Guns N'Roses Biopic in the works? - TRUE

Post by Uli Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:45 pm

http://exclaim.ca/News/guns_n_roses_biopic_reportedly_in_works

As the Guardian points out, the author, who wrote the group's 2008 biography Reckless Road, took to message board MyGNRForum to tell fans that the book "is being made into a movie by people that will do it right." Canter didn't clarify who is backing the adaptation, but he noted he'll have a hand in prepping the screenplay. Apparently, the film has been in development for the last four months.

"I do have a big say so on the script, which is still being put together now, but so far looking cool," Canter said. "I am going to see that everyone in the cast is doing their job and doing justice to the band. Since I was there, I know what the dialog was between the band for many of the events that took place.

"When you find out who is making the movie, you will then understand that it will be very cool. I'm proud of all the hard work that was put into this project and it's just going to KICK ASS! In no way will it be a cheesy movie like Rock Star. There really is such a great story here that even the outtakes will be great."

Though info on the filmmakers and cast has yet to be unveiled, Canter explained that the story will centre on the events presented in his book and "tells the killer rock'n'roll story of the best band around." It won't divulge on the current-day activities of Guns N' Roses.

"There is a great story about the birth of the band, which I was very much involved in," he said. "This has nothing to do with where the band is today. The history is very important and that's why Axl was the one who was most supportive of me documenting what they were doing when they first started out."

More links:
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/nov/18/guns-n-roses-feature-film-marc-canter

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a610966/guns-n-roses-feature-film-being-developed-says-biography-author.html
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9484

Back to top Go down

Guns N'Roses Biopic in the works? - TRUE Empty Re: Guns N'Roses Biopic in the works? - TRUE

Post by Soulmonster Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:10 pm

I doubt this will be very good.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76773

Back to top Go down

Guns N'Roses Biopic in the works? - TRUE Empty Re: Guns N'Roses Biopic in the works? - TRUE

Post by Soulmonster Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:18 am

I am afraid Marc may be burning bridges with Axl over this.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Soulmonster wrote:I am afraid Marc may be burning bridges with Axl over this.

I don't worry, we will have to wait and see (how often did I type this last bit here???)... Carefree
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9484

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:38 pm

I don't really care about Marc and Axl's relationship, but if Marc has been truthful about wanting to restore it - and I see no reason not to believe him, Marc is a great guy - then he should tread carefully with this project so as to not push Axl further away. Axl is already angry with Marc from releasing his book when he did.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:37 pm

That could work if I think about the movie The Fighter.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7420

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:38 pm

Interesting piece of this article by the way:

Somewhat unsurprisingly, Axl Rose will not be involved with the film, but Canter has elaborated that Axl and the rest of the band will get to review the finished script “and help fix things that are off a bit. The goal is to get it right.”

“As you all know Axl doesn’t support anything to do with the old band except playing their songs live. However I do think he will be happy with the fact that it will clear up some stories that have been said about him from those days that were told incompletely.”

The Guardian reports that Slash, however, has been much less enthusiastic.

“I don’t think rock n’ roll translates in the movies,” he told the Belfast Telegraph earlier this year. “I don’t think they really get the gritty vibe of what it’s like… [and] I would not like to see a Guns N’ Roses biopic.”

Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7420

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down