APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Guns N' Roses to play India in December? - TRUE

Go down

Guns N' Roses to play India in December? - TRUE Empty Guns N' Roses to play India in December? - TRUE

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Post from member Ketan at mygnroforum:

According to Delhi Times,

GUNS N ROSES,the American hard rock band,is going to perform in Delhi in December.They will be in India for a three-city tour.According to the manager of the band,Rob Macsween,The band will arrive on December 4,and will first perform in Bangalore on December 7,followed by two shows on December 9 and 12 in Mumbai and Delhi respectively.

imagine my disappointment when i did not find any mention of it on the official website or on mygnrforum. :confused: :confused:
of course something similar had happened before in 2009 when apparently they were scheduled to play but it turned out to be a rumor

i dont know what to expect. Fortus had replied to an email saying that Axl was planing something for India after the end of summer... so i am hopeful but this doesn’t look reliable.

also is Rob Macsween still their tour-manager?

oh well.

Last edited by Soulmonster on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

Guns N' Roses to play India in December? - TRUE Empty Re: Guns N' Roses to play India in December? - TRUE

Post by Soulmonster Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:13 am

According to many credible sources including Wild City and Gibson Guitar India, rock juggernauts Guns N’ Roses (GN’R) will tour India this December. The legendary rock band has had a colourful history with huge hits such as ‘Sweet Child o’ Mine‘, ‘Paradise City‘ and ‘November Rain‘ entertaining fans around the world from the mid ’80s to the early ’90s. Along the way, there have been controversial changes in personnel and lots of infighting before the current avatar of the band was consolidated under lead singer Axl Rose.

The tour is being organized by the organizers of the Korn India tour, Mooz Entertainment and their Vice-President Dilip Ramachandaran released this statement about the G N’R tour

We are the first company to bring three-city tours with a defined calendar of events year after year starting this September. It is no secret that our next big act is humongous indeed. Our Korn concerts will be followed by a three-city tour of the iconic band Guns N’ Roses in December 2012.

Now, we don’t mean to be cynical but we’ve heard this before and we’ll tell you what happened the last time we heard that a Guns N’ Roses India tour was going to take place. In September 2009, our esteemed editor Arjun S Ravi came across an announcement by Bangalore-based firm Rhapsody Inc (read more about it here). A couple of days later, newspapers such The Asian Age and The Deccan Chronicle published an interview with the Director of Rhapsody Inc, Raj Sinha who confirmed the event (both papers no longer have the article in their archives but you can read our story on it here). The statement by Mr. Sinha definitely mentions that Guns N’ Roses would be coming to Bangalore but he confirms that only Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed and DJ Ashba would be there. He also said that, “There will also be a person called Troy and two other members.” When the director of the company that’s organizing the tour refers to an artist as “a person named Troy,” it doesn’t fill music fans with much confidence.

Ultimately, it turned out that GN’R would not be touring India. This was confirmed by “Troy” who awesomely posed with the Dimapur Commandos and explained that he was supposed to perform with Dizzy Reed later that year but Axl Rose and GN’R would not be involved in any way. Also, GN’R guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal confirmed on his Twitter account that GN’R would not be performing in India (check it all out here). Hopefully, there is some truth to it this time around because Korn actually do seem to be coming to India. In fact, it would be really good if the band confirmed it soon, otherwise we’d just get frustrated and get these guys to perform some GN’R classics for us.
Source: http://nh7.in/indiecision/2012/08/01/guns-n-roses-to-tour-india-in-december/
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Guns N' Roses to play India in December? - TRUE Empty Re: Guns N' Roses to play India in December? - TRUE

Post by Soulmonster Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:36 pm

Heeeeey! Just got home from a three-month European tour with GNR, slowly getting over that weird transition back to ‘normal life’, haha, ready to start being creative. I’ll be writing and recording and releasing and producing and guesting and teaching, maybe some light gigging, doing whatever I can before having to press the pause button on it all and hit the road again. I was planning on writing instrumental guitar music but every time I have a song idea I start thinking of vocal melodies and lyrics, gaaaaahhhh!!!!!

Bumblefoot indicates another tour in the near future....
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:00 am

From jtopicz1 over at mygnrforum:

Pollstar.com has listed the following dates:

Gurgaon, India - Palace Grounds - 12/5/12
Mumbai, India - Johnny Walker One Tree Music Fest - 12/7/12
Bangalore, India - TBA - 12/9/12

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:46 am

Bumblefoot was asked about this during his chat session this morning:

[5:57 PM] bumblefoot: I don't think it's been formally announced and until it is I have to assume they.....

[5:57 PM] bumblefoot: ...still need to dot I's & cross T's, but it's looking pretty good for India Smile

Yay!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:43 am

This article says GN'R will play India this year: http://www.salon.com/2012/10/03/indias_dweeby_metal_heads/

And while this year’s concert program features geriatric rockers like Megadeth, Slayer, Guns-N-Roses and even Carlos Santana, there are signs of change on the horizon.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm

New quote:

Yes, India is planned for December, looking forward to it![October 2012, Metality]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:28 am

Tommy confirms the India tour!:

We went to Moscow, Israel, Istanbul, Romania, South Korea, all kinds of crazy places. And India’s coming up [metroactive, Octoner 19, 2012]

I'll still wait until I hear from Team Brazil before making it official here on A4D.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:30 pm

Okay, it's time to confirm this now. I close this thread now.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down