APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2014.06.26 - The Rock Revival - Interview with Dizzy

2 posters

Go down

2014.06.26 - The Rock Revival - Interview with Dizzy Empty 2014.06.26 - The Rock Revival - Interview with Dizzy

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:55 pm

Transcript:

Matt Bishop: Hey guys, Matt Bishop here from therockrevival.com and I am on the phone with the one and only Dizzy Reed of Guns N' Roses. How are you, sir?

Dizzy: I'm doing great, man, just enjoying a couple of days off, [?] golf and now I'm talking to you guys.

MB: Sounds good. You know, it's got to be nice, you guys have been on the road all around the world lately, it's got to be nice to get a couple days off, relax a little bit, regroup, refresh.

Dizzy: Yes, and catch up on work at home [laughter]. There's never a dull moment. It's kind of funny, I got into rock and roll music so I wouldn't have to work and do nine-to-five and now it seems like I'm always working. Amazing.

MB: Well, you know what, it's much appreciated by the fans, though, I'm sure.

Dizzy: [?] that's why we do it, that's absolutely why we do it, for the fans. Because without them it would be nothing.

MB: Absolutely. Well, as I said, you guys have been on the road quite a bit lately. all around the world. The momentum right now for Guns N' Roses has to be just incredible for you guys, I would think.

Dizzy: Oh yes, you feel like it's like a locomotive, man. We're chugging into town and definitely hitting on all cylinders and we're, yeah, just ready to get back into it.

MB: Very cool. You guys recently had a very special guest join you for a couple of shows, mr. Duff McKagan was back. What was that like for you guys? I would imagine somewhat of a newfound energy for a little bit?

Dizzy: You know, come to think of it, it did inject a little bit of energy, a little bit of enthusiasm. You know, it's great to see Duff and it was just a pleasure to be around him again and kind of a trip to see him on stage. Definitely treat for, you know, for the guys who haven't, you know, hadn't played with him in the past. And also a huge treat for the fans and it was cool, it was great, that Duff was available to do that and willing to do that. And you know, we love Tommy but he had to go do a thing with The Replacements and so it all worked out great.

MB: I imagine for you and Axl it was a little bit of a trip down memory lane, a bit of nostalgia, so to speak.

Dizzy: For sure, and we definitely fired up some stories [laughter]

MB: [laughter] Oh man!

Dizzy: Duff is such positive person around and a consummate professional too, so. But yeah, it was just kind of funny when Axl would introduce him and he would say that Tommy Stinson had some [?] reunion shows with The Replacements that he was committed to so we "found a replacement for the replacement [?] replacement" [laughter.] It was kind of a trip. But it was a blast and like I said, you know, it was really cool that he was able to do it and now, you know, we're welcoming our friend Tommy back and we're ready to go kick some ass.

MB: Very cool. Do you think this little mini reunion with Duff has opened the door to possibly more collaborations with former Guns N' Roses members down the line?

Dizzy: You know, I don't really... I can't really say one way or another. I do know that it was, you know, it was just really, really cool to see him and to, you know, have him join us on stage and it sounded great and he seemed to be enjoying himself. But we [haven't] really discussed anything beyond what we [?] to do at that time, so you never know.

MB: I got you. All right, well, moving forward, you guys, you know, as you mentioned, you guys have had a couple days off here and you said you were working, you know, on your off days a little bit. So I have to ask, are we going to see some new Guns N' Roses material in the imminent future?

Dizzy: That's the plan although we haven't really discussed it for a while. But I know that there's a lot of stuff that, you know, people need to hear, that's ready to come out. So it's going to happen, I just don't have an actual date for you yet. But my fingers are crossed but they're getting a little bit looser so I think it can be happening soon.

MB: Very good. Hey, you know what, I'll take that, "very soon" is an excellent answer. I'm sure that fans are happy to hear that more than "maybe" [laughter].

Dizzy: Okay, hahah.

MB: You guys have some major festivals and stuff coming up, Rock on the Range, a couple others. What does it feel like to be back, you know, in these big headlining gigs? You know, pretty much on top of the game again?

Dizzy: Oh well, it's...you know, it's kind of always been the way things are with GN'R. I don't... try to think of any time that we have, since I have been in the band, that we weren't headlining. I can't think of any times. So I'm just happy that, you know, people still come out to see us and that we can still bring it and that rock and roll is forging on [?] and living on and we can still be a part of that. I'm just so happy to be able to do this, you know, still. And then I'll do it as long as I can and we'll do it as long as we can. It's great and all the other bands that are going to be there, it's great for them too, it's great for all of us and looking forward to a great day all around at Rock on the Range and at Pennsylvania [?].

MB: What is it like being at these, you know, festivals and whatnot and seeing these up-and-coming bands that have a lot of GN'R influence in them and getting to talk to these young guys and what's that feeling like?

Dizzy: You know, it's great that rock and roll is living on. I mean, how many times in my life have I heard that, you know, rock and roll was dead or that it's gonna die? Get a real job? [laughing] So it's just very cool that GN'R has influenced a lot of [?] and, you know, why wouldn't they? Before I joined they were an influence on me, so that's cool. I guess that's more of a sign of, you know, that we did things right, and it all comes down to having great songs and just making the right decision and forging on and not give it up.

MB: Absolutely man. Well, I thank you very much for taking the time, sir. Dizzy Reed of Guns N' Roses, ladies and gentlemen, they are hitting the festival circuit in the States. First a stop in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, my hometown, on May 13th, I will be there, sir, I'm looking forward to seeing you guys. Rock on the Range in Columbus, Ohio, and then the Joint, the residency begins in Las Vegas on May 21st, so get your tickets and get ready.

Dizzy: Yeah, yeah. We are psyched and we'll see you all soon.

Last edited by Soulmonster on Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:50 am; edited 9 times in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76731

Back to top Go down

2014.06.26 - The Rock Revival - Interview with Dizzy Empty Re: 2014.06.26 - The Rock Revival - Interview with Dizzy

Post by Blackstar Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:38 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
-----------------------------------

TheRockRevival.com's Matt Bishop recently conducted an interview with Guns N' Roses keyboardist Dizzy Reed. You can now listen to the chat in the YouTube clip below.

On whether Guns N' Roses was re-energized by having the band's former bassist Duff McKagan rejoin the group for several shows in South America in April:

Dizzy: "I kind of think that it did inject a little bit of energy, a little bit of enthusiasm. It's always great to see Duff, it was just a pleasure to be around him again and kind of a trip to see him on stage. It was definitely a treat for the guys who hadn't played with him in the past, and also a huge treat for the fans. And it was great that Duff was available to do that and willing to do that. So it all worked out great."

On whether it was a bit of a nostalgia trip for him and singer Axl Rose seeing Duff again:

Dizzy: "We definitely fired up some stories. Duff's such a positive to be around and hes' a consummate professional too. It was a blast, and like I said, it was really cool he was able to do it."

On whether Guns N' Roses fans can expect to hear some new music from the band in the not-too-distant future:

Dizzy: "That's the plan, although we haven't really discussed it for awhile. But I know that there's a lot of stuff that people need to hear that's ready to come out. So it's gonna happen. I just don't have an actual date for you yet. My fingers are crossed, but they're getting a little bit looser."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-dizzy-reed-says-his-fingers-are-crossed-that-the-band-will-release-new-music-soon
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down

2014.06.26 - The Rock Revival - Interview with Dizzy Empty Re: 2014.06.26 - The Rock Revival - Interview with Dizzy

Post by Soulmonster Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:51 am

Finished transcribing this.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76731

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down