APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Bumblefoot (Ron Thal)

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bumblefoot (Ron Thal) - Page 2 Empty Re: Bumblefoot (Ron Thal)

Post by Soulmonster Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:32 pm

With Bumblefoot posting a countdown to after the Vegas residency, his longer letter thanking the fans, his fortune cookie tweet, and previous numerous expressed dislikes about being in GN'R, I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves after the end of this tour.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:44 am

G2R_Axl from the GN'R cover band Guns 2 Roses posted the following message at mygnrforum:

Bumblefoot will be performing tracks from his new album plus various GN'R tracks (probably CD era) with Guns 2 Roses on March 6th at Camden Underworld in London. Tickets on sale now!!!

Tickets : http://www.seeticket...derworld/834893

FB Event : https://www.facebook...483017315289754

It's going to be interesting to see if GN'R has any shows planned in March; I guess we will finally get an answer to the "is he in or is he out?" question of ours.

As a sidenote, members on mygnrforum used the occasion to slam Bumblefoot (for playing with a GN'R cover band), slam GN'R and slam cover bands and Guns 2 Roses in particular. Here is G2R_Axl's reply:

No its implying that Bumblefoot who as most of you know is a personal friend of mine is in London and is coming to jam with my "shitty cover band with some of the worst vocals ever" at my show which he has done on and off since 2010 as has Ferrer, Adler and Gilby in the past.

No Ron isn't using the GN'R name for nothing! He is merely attending the show as my guest and I am including him in the lineup.

Amazingly this has been up for HTGTH for a few days now and not one troll. Come on here and get one in less than an hour of posting.

Anyways guys it'll be a fun night so if your near to London then come along. Some great original bands too Wasted Sinners and Chase The Ace. 👍

For all you northerners there will be some BBF guitar workshop style gigs around the same week. I can already tell you that March 3rd he will be appearing at Newcastle O2 Academy. Smile

ps* Thal's name is included on the venue's ticket link for the London show... http://www.theunderw...q=guns 2 roses
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:20 am

Bumblefoot does not mention being part of GN'R on his twitter anymore...
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:56 am

Soulmonster wrote:Bumblefoot does not mention being part of GN'R on his twitter anymore...

Wonder if the latest tweet/FB status by GN'R has to do with Bumblefoot (probably lots of fans asking if he's in or out...):
"To hold my tongue speaks of quiet reservations"
Blanco
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9422

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:27 am

Apparently, these screen shots are comments from Bumlefoot on Facebook. I haven't been able to find them myself, theyh could have been deleted or I may not have searched well enough. If they are genuine, then I feel this is as good of an "I am out!" we will ever get until something comes from GN'R:

Bumblefoot (Ron Thal) - Page 2 PicsArt_1424158970562

Bumblefoot (Ron Thal) - Page 2 PicsArt_1424158929019
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:04 am

In a recent article about his new project, Bumblefoot was referred to as "ex-guns N' Roses". So I guess it is finally official.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:04 pm

Well, as Bumblefoot said in above quote, it's often the papers/websites making up their own titles.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:44 pm

http://tinyurl.com/o27xb4e

"You know what?! I don't want to get into dirt and all that negative crap," he responded. "There were so many good things that happened with GUNS. People just wanna put all the bad stuff on Wikipedia. They don't wanna talk about any of the good stuff. They don't wanna talk about visiting a children's hospital in Dallas.'

He continued: "Well, ultimately, when I joined the band, in the first month, it's true and I'm not revealing anything that I haven't already put out there. So it wasn't the warmest welcome. I kind of had to earn it… I think it was just more of a situation like a new family member was brought home without the other siblings' consent [laughs], or to their surprise. It was, like, 'Who the fuck is this guy?' [laughs< ] So it took a good minute for us to get to know each other. I don't know if we ever did. I don't know if we ever got to really know each other, to be honest. I feel like the environment I was in never gave me a chance to just comfortably be myself and not feel guarded. But that's just me, and that's just the way the pieces fell, you know."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bumblefoot-on-his-guns-n-roses-bandmates-i-dont-know-if-we-ever-got-to-really-know-each-other/#PgG2jXDbMlQ3WRbD.99
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:44 pm

Just read this interview: http://tribune.com.pk/story/947680/no-guns-only-roses/

It says Bumblefoot was diagnozed with bladder cancer in 2014. I didn't know that. Maybe it was around the time he quit GN'R. Maybe it influenced his decision?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:05 am

Sad to hear Bumble's bladder cancer has resurfaced, and happy to hear it was easily dealt with: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-guitarist-ron-bumblefoot-thal-recovering-from-surgery-after-cancer-recurrence/
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:59 am

RON 'BUMBLEFOOT' THAL Doesn't Regret His Time With GUNS N' ROSES

And why should he?  Smile

Here's what he has to say nowadays:

During an appearance earlier this week on "Trunk Nation", Eddie Trunk's show on SiriusXM channel Volume (106), Thal was asked if he had any regret about his nearly decade-long stint with GUNS. He responded: "You could look at anything and say, 'What if I took a different path?' 'What if I did different things?' 'What if I said no and did this instead?' 'What if I just focused on my solo stuff or producing or whatever else or film and TV music?' Ugh… nah. Your life is your life, and whatever decisions you made, they were based on who you were, who you are and what was supposed to happen and what's meant to be and who you are today and what you learned from it and all of that mumbo-jumbo crap. So, yeah. Do I regret it? No. Absolutely not. If you'd asked me three years ago, I would have [given a] different [answer]. But, no. Absolutely not. I got to be part of making millions of people cheer and enjoy themselves. It's wonderful."

Asked what his personal highlight was from his time with GUNS N' ROSES, Thal said: "The first thing that always comes to mind is playing the Bridge School Benefit [organized by musicians Neil Young and Pegi Young], when we got to play a show… It was a benefit for [the Bridge School, which assists children with severe physical impairments and complex communication needs]… And having the kids and their families right on stage with us on this big platform behind us. I remember just almost ignoring the audience in front of us and just going back to them and just taking a kid's hand and helping him strum the guitar. Things like that. That's always the first thing that comes to mind."
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ron-bumblefoot-thal-doesnt-regret-his-time-with-guns-n-roses/#QVGYPEH8F3vEZR72.99
https://tinyurl.com/n5hlxhs

Last edited by Uli on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link)
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:38 pm

Bumblefoot is to play a charity show with The Midnight Preachers in Donegal, Ireland, on August 25. The show is for the memory of Danielle McLaughlin, who was raped and murdered in India last year.

Read more about it here: https://www.donegalnow.com/news/guns-n-roses-guitarist-play-donegal-gig-tragic-danielle/240291
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:46 pm

Bumblefoot will play in Plovdiv(BG) in September with Sons of Apollo and I'm still wonder whether to go.
denitza
denitza

Plectra : 4836

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:19 pm

I went to a store to buy hot sauces today and found Bumblefoot's unholy triumvirate of sauces: The Sauce, Bumlicious and BumbleF**KED. I tasted The Sauce, it was really good. I will be careful with BumbleF**KED.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shackler Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:55 pm

Soulmonster wrote:I went to a store to buy hot sauces today and found Bumblefoot's unholy triumvirate of sauces: The Sauce, Bumlicious and BumbleF**KED. I tasted The Sauce, it was really good. I will be careful with BumbleF**KED.

I've always wanted to try those, but I've never gotten to actually buying them. I think he has a few hot sauces. He loves spicy food; the first time I met him he offered me some hot wings with some "mild" sauce Very Happy
Shackler
Shackler

Plectra : 2693

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:57 am

Shackler wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:I went to a store to buy hot sauces today and found Bumblefoot's unholy triumvirate of sauces: The Sauce, Bumlicious and BumbleF**KED. I tasted The Sauce, it was really good. I will be careful with BumbleF**KED.

I've always wanted to try those, but I've never gotten to actually buying them. I think he has a few hot sauces. He loves spicy food; the first time I met him he offered me some hot wings with some "mild" sauce Very Happy

I live in Norway and I had no idea we had a shop selling hot sauces in my city, and imagine my surprise when I found Bumble's sauces there too. I have tasted Bumblecious and The Sauce so far. BumbleF**KED is for a special occasion.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Shackler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2