APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2009.12.11 - Taipei County Stadium, Taipei, Taiwan

3 posters

Go down

2009.12.11 - Taipei County Stadium, Taipei, Taiwan Empty 2009.12.11 - Taipei County Stadium, Taipei, Taiwan

Post by seely Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:18 pm

December 11, 2009 - Taipei County Stadium, Taipei, Taiwan
Setlist:
01. Chinese Democracy
02. Welcome to the Jungle
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. If the World
06. Live and Let Die
Richard's guitar solo (James Bond Theme)
07. There Was a Time
Frank's drum solo
08. My Generation
09. I.R.S.
10. Rocket Queen
Dizzy's piano solo
11. Street of Dreams
Dj's guitar solo (Ballad of Death)
12. Sweet Child O' Mine
Axl's piano solo
13. November Rain
Bumblefoot's guitar solo (Pink Panther Theme)
14. You Could Be Mine
15. Shackler's Revenge
16. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Encore:
17. This I Love
18. Better
19. Paradise City

Date:

Venue:
Taipei County Stadium.

Line-up:
Axl Rose: Vocals and piano
Richard Fortus: Rhythm guitarist
Bumblefoot: Lead guitarist
Dj Ashba: Lead guitarist
Tommy Stinson: Bass
Frank Ferrer: Drums
Dizzy Reed: Keyboards
Chris Pitman: Keyboards.
Notes:
First Guns N' Roses show since the release of Chinese Democracy in 2008 and the 2007 World Tour. Live debut of 'If The World', 'Shackler's Revenge'. 'My Generation' and 'This I Love'. Also Dj's first show with the band. The set opened with 'Chinese Democracy', a break from 'Welcome to the Jungle' which had been the opener since 2001.

Quotes:
It was surreal because we'd been rehearsing for a few months [...] [Axl] walks out on stage in Japan [sic] and it as ON! [kfmx.com, May 2012]
seely

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 5133

Back to top Go down

2009.12.11 - Taipei County Stadium, Taipei, Taiwan Empty Re: 2009.12.11 - Taipei County Stadium, Taipei, Taiwan

Post by Blackstar Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:10 am

2009.12.11 - Taipei County Stadium, Taipei, Taiwan 2009_110

2009.12.11 - Taipei County Stadium, Taipei, Taiwan 2009_111
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

2009.12.11 - Taipei County Stadium, Taipei, Taiwan Empty Re: 2009.12.11 - Taipei County Stadium, Taipei, Taiwan

Post by Blackstar Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:12 am

Video report (containing footage) by China Times, Dec. 12, 2009:

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:01 am

Report in RockStar Weekly, Dec. 12, 2009:
Guns N' Roses Perform At Taipei County Stadium

Guns N' Roses kicked off the Chinese Democracy Tour in Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China last night (Dec. 11 in China), marking the band's first gigs in support of its 2008 CD. Footage from the Taipei County Stadium show has been leaked around YouTube and other video sharing sites with the videos showing an amazing performance from a band that sounds refreshed, energized and ready to kick some ass around the world.

Lead vocalist Axl Rose appeared on stage wearing a hat with his non-braided hair pulled back. Taipei television broadcast screen captures show the rock legend in fine form.

The band performed several selections from the Chinese Democracy CD, including opening the show with the title track. The latest single Street of Dreams remains at #44 on the Canadian Active Rock Charts and GN'R Greatest Hits rose one point to #18 on the Canadian Hard Rock Charts. GN'R Greatest Hits has been on the Canadian charts for 298 weeks. Chinese Democracy topped the charts in its first week of release in 2008, selling 70,000 copies in Canada. The last time GN'R topped the charts prior to that was in 1991 with Use Your Illusion II.

The outdoor stadium shows in Asia this month will generate unprecedented world attention as the new GN'R have plans for a world tour which will include Canada and South America in 2010. The band returns to Canada for 13 dates in January and February, while the South American shows are expected between March and April.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Shackler Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:05 pm

Article from United Daily News, December 05, 2009 (translated using Google):

UDN wrote:
Guns and Roses show next week with millions of fireworks on display
Yuan Shipei/Taipei Report
2009.12.05 02:59 am

The American heavy metal rock group Guns N' Roses performed in Taiwan for the first time in 24 years. On the 11th, they held a rock party at Banqiao Stadium, but the requirements were long and varied, and they even demanded that the night of the performance be Unleash high-altitude fireworks.

Guns and Roses requires that the fireworks are half the size of the regional fireworks show, and they are all imported from the United States. It took the organizer a month for customs declaration and the cost was as high as one million yuan; in addition, the number of LED screens and computer lights they requested was more than What Taiwan can supply is worrying the organizers. Fortunately, 18,000 tickets have been sold, and the box office has reached 45 million Taiwan dollars.

The demand for the backstage lounge is equally astonishing, which is the highest among Taiwanese artists in recent years. In addition to general large furniture and woven carpets, the lead singer Axl Rose's room also requires a couple's sofa, 6 lamps to adjust the light and shade, and even more marked "super important". Since the group name has roses, Aesop asked for 18 fresh red roses and 18 white roses in the room, and lighted vanilla-scented candles. Only black and red fabrics were used in the room.

Eating and drinking are not easy-going, even specifying cups and a complete set of all-silver cutlery. In addition, organic vegetables and fruits, low-fat dipping sauce, and fruits are also listed as bananas, plums, red apples, green apples, grapes, strawberries, watermelons, pineapples, mangoes, grapefruits, oranges, etc. 10 kinds.

【2009/12/05 聯合報】@ http://udn.com/

Original:
UDN wrote:
槍與玫瑰下周演出 百萬煙火伺候
【聯合報╱記者袁世珮∕台北報導】
2009.12.05 02:59 am

美國重金屬搖滾天團槍與玫瑰(Guns N'Roses)成軍24年首度來台演出,11日在板橋體育場搖滾開趴,但開出的要求落落長、百百款,甚至要求演出當晚要施放高空煙火。

槍與玫瑰要求煙火的規格達區運煙火秀一半,全由美國進口,主辦單位光報關就花了1個月、成本高達百萬元;另外,他們要求的LED銀幕、電腦燈數量,都超過台灣所能供應,在在讓主辦單位傷腦筋,幸好目前門票已售出1萬8千張,票房衝上4,500萬台幣。

後台休息室的需求同樣驚人,堪稱近年來台藝人之最。主唱艾索羅斯(Axl Rose)房間除一般大型家具、編織地毯外,還要求一張情侶沙發,6盞調整明暗的燈具,更註明「超級重要」。既然團名有玫瑰,艾索要求房裡要新鮮的紅玫瑰和白玫瑰各18朵,並點上香草香味的蠟燭,房裡只能用黑色和紅色兩色布料。

吃喝也不隨和,甚至指定杯子以及一整套全銀餐具。另外要有機蔬食和水果、低脂沾醬,水果還列出香蕉、梅子、紅蘋果、青蘋果、葡萄、草莓、西瓜、鳳梨、芒果、葡萄柚、柳橙等10幾種。

【2009/12/05 United Daily News】@ http://udn.com/

https://web.archive.org/web/20100106004827/http://udn.com/NEWS/ENTERTAINMENT/ENT6/5290432.shtml
Shackler
Shackler

Plectra : 2702

Blackstar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Shackler Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:22 pm

Fan review from wasted on MyGNRforum.com, December 14, 2009:
wasted wrote:
The cornrows are gone, Axl is back and possessed by the shackler.

If you are going to go to this show you should get excited because the set list was flawless, the band is on fire and there's a ton of eyebrow singeing pyro.

1. Chinese Democracy - They rocked the shit out of this. Spot light on Ashba above the drum riser for the opeing riff then Axl was down the front virtually in the crowd. The crowd was all over this song and there was really awesome visuals with subtitles in chinese scrolling. Axl lifted up his MJ hat to give the crowd a look at his hair.

2. Welcome To The Jungle - Obviously this was killer, worked really well after CD. Bcos of the venue this show was like a big club show with the crowd pushed up against the stage. So it was off the hook all night.

3. Easy - Great run through this classic. Axl was carrying himself like a prizefighter at this show.

4. Mr Brownstone - Not sure but seemed like slightly different version, had some kind of tribal vibe.

5. If The World - This sounded epic with Axl doing a more natural rock vocal on it. All the effects and sounds from the album version were present . I think there were some technical difficulties with Axl's ear piece, but it sounded the great the crowd was really gettting into the "Never knew" part. In the solo Axl stalked off ripping the ear piece out and shouting backstage but the solo was awesome. A meltdown was on for a second there.

6. Live and Let Die - Pyro overload, there was goddamn flame throwers on stage. Axl utilised the staircase to do the intro. Kicked ass.

7. Richard Fortus solo (James Bond Theme) - This was great, shows how talented Fortus is - maybe could have come before the song.

8. There Was a Time - Or "Bloody, bleedin', twot" as Axl put it. Drums were booming and there was great video of Victoria Secret-type models writhing around and Marlon Brando type guy smoking cigars looking pervy, could be video footage for twat video, Axl did awesome scream towards end and solos were sublime.

9. Drum solo - Axl seem to likee, was laughing at how long Frank went on.

10. Bass solo

11. My Generation - This was a crazy fast cover and Tommy looked insane all night long. What's up with him, he definitely looks on board the pirate ship?

12. I.R.S. - It's amazing how the band can switch from classic GNR sound into the CD material. Epic epicness.

13. Rocket Queen - Can't remember when Axl made his Michael Jackson comment but I think it was here. He was wearing his MJ style hate and made a joke I think that Right after "Michael gave me this hat he said he could recommend me a great doctor"

14. Dizzy Reed Piano solo

15. Street of Dreams - This seems like the centre piece of this new show. Not sure but think its different version from album, singing starts after the guitars? Axl worked the stage well, and it came over as the "big song" on CD.

16. DJ Ashba solo - Not sure where this solo was from but it had great sound. Lots of potential in this band.

17. SCOM - Ashba milked the crowd before going into the intro. Crowd went crazy for this.

18. Band jam
19. November Rain - Or December Rain with Axl chaning the lyrics as it had started to rain. By the time he got to And nothing last forever, even cold December Rain it had actually stopped raining.

20. Bumble solo (Pink Panther) - This was cool, Bumble looked a bit washed out in this show, like maybe he was still suffering from his food poisoning or what ever.

21. You Could Be Mine - More pyro, explosions, fireworks, flame throwers.

22. Shackler's Revenge - This might come as a surprise but this rocked and got one of the biggest receptions of the night, up there with the classics. Axl looked slightly relieved/happy with this. Should be bumped up front after CD. It's crazy what this band can reproduce live, it was so tight with Axl again doing a more raspy chorus on ths song.

23. Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door - At this point it was time for Axl to do some stand up. He said he went to a party and Rod Stewart was there and he was blown away but the people he was with went off and came back and said "I just met George Harrison, what a dick!" Then Axl met Bob Dylan who asked him when they were going to do Heaven's door and Axl said he didn't know but they liked that song then Bob said "I don't really give a shit, I just want the money." Axl went back to the drum riser and said "That's a true story. Cue song. Crowd again sang every word, just like every song, but it was pissing down againg. There was something awesome about seeing all these people from Taipei singing this song inspite of getting soaked and Axl seemed to really appreciate it. He seemed blown away by the crowd in general. Not sure if its a new version but half of it was in a reggae style. The rain was pretty heavy and Axl said "It's getting kind of slippy up here and did some sliding down a ramp.

He nearly came a cropper a few times but they were having so much fun up there as a band he didnt seem to care.

Encore:

24. This I Love - Frank popped up to wave and thnak crowd who were still going crazy at this late stage. Again Axl sang in a more rock style, which gave more of a swagger live, but he still pulled off that ending.

25. Band Jam

26. Better - "Better? That sounds like a song I've heard of, let's do that!" Not sure what he meant, maybe that it has got much radio play. Never the less the crowd seemed to love it and was actually highlight with Axl down in the crowd singing with them. Probably my personal highlight of the show, or Shackler's or ITW I don't know the whole show was wrecking.

27. Paradise City - "Maybe you've heard of this song" Version tight kick ass version. Mic went in the crowd along with the whistle. So look for them on ebay.

Outro tape was My Way. Seemed apt after such a rocking show. Crowd headed out pretty quick but they came back to take some bows and Axl did some of those Conan OBrien japanese bows. Axl lookd pretty happy with how it went down. You're in for a great show stuffed with new shit.

btw I saw at least one professional looking camera next to the sound stage. They were filiming.
https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/156631-official-taipei-taiwan-111209-show-thread/page/64/
Shackler
Shackler

Plectra : 2702

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down