APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2020.09.DD - KISW 99.9 - Interview with Duff

Go down

2020.09.DD - KISW 99.9 - Interview with Duff Empty 2020.09.DD - KISW 99.9 - Interview with Duff

Post by Blackstar Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:24 pm

Part of the interview was broadcast during this event about mental health (around 9:00 minute mark):

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2020.09.DD - KISW 99.9 - Interview with Duff Empty Re: 2020.09.DD - KISW 99.9 - Interview with Duff

Post by Blackstar Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:24 pm

More quotes can be found in this article on Audacy.com

Duff McKagan Stresses the Importance of Family for Mental Wellness
'I was lucky to be with my wife'

Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan is just one of the many artists speaking out about mental health awareness during the 2020 I'm Listening broadcast Wednesday, September 23 at 6PM, across all RADIO.COM stations and on the RADIO.COM app.

Duff shared his struggle with mental health problems throughout touring and raising a family. It was deep connections he built with bandmates and family that solidified his support system. “I know when I had my depression. I understand it. You can’t live like that,” he told RADIO.COM during a recent interview. “I was lucky to be with my wife and go straight over to a therapist and they got me straight to a psychiatrist.

"I just have so many friends who deal with stuff and for a lot of them it comes in middle age.”

He encourages people struggling with mental health crises to build networks or of like-minded support. “It’s safe, it’s OK to talk about and it happens to a lot more of us than we know. If we’ve got each other’s back then we’re good. Talk is totally key."

https://www.audacy.com/im-listening/im-listening-duff-mckagan-stresses-importance-of-family
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down