APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Izzy Stradlin said to Bernard Fowler that he is "writing" (May 2024)

2 posters

Go down

Izzy Stradlin said to Bernard Fowler that he is "writing" (May 2024) Empty Izzy Stradlin said to Bernard Fowler that he is "writing" (May 2024)

Post by ludurigan Mon May 27, 2024 9:23 pm

Izzy Stradlin said to Bernard Fowler that he is "writing" (May 2024) Captur10
Bernard Fowler, excited to share that Izzy Stradlin is "writing" -- and also willing to "sing for Izzy" (image taken from the "Appetite for Distortion" podcast)

Rolling Stones' backing vocalist Bernard Fowler has just been interviewed by Brando Weissler for episode #457 of his "Appetite for Distortion" podcast

During the interview, Fowler shares a bit of how things went when he met Izzy Stradlin on a recent Rolling Stones show

- I asked him, I said 'Hey Izzy what you up to man, what you been up to?' He said: 'Man I am good, you know, just writing and stuff'. And I said: 'You know I need to sing for you Izzy'. So hopefully he heard that."

That's fantastic news! It reminded me of a recent Rick Richards interview where he said that Izzy has so much unreleased stuff!

Full interview available on YT:

==

On a side note, a comment about Brando Weissler. The guy is probably the person who did more GNR-related interviews in the entire planet. Yet he seems clueless about -- or not interested in -- a lot of GN'R related stuff, specially when it comes to Izzy. An example: he describes (on this very episode) Izzy's 11 albums outside of Guns n' Roses as "The Ju Ju Hounds and some solo stuff". Really? "Some solo stuff"? Is that how you call TEN SOLO ALBUMS?

Brando also has the uncanny "ability" to not notice (or to despise?) a lot of cool info that is "dropped" by his guests during the interviews. On this very episode, for example, Fowler says that he "produced" and "wrote" a Ronnie Wood solo album. Wait a minute! What? Is Fowler also a music producer? And a songwriter? Who happens to write for Ronnie Wood? Wow, this is pretty cool stuff, I thought the guy was just a singer! Can I know some more, please? No! Because Brando makes the blandest face when Fowler says all that and he doesn't react at all to that information and the conversation moves to other subjects. And the listener will never know...

This sort of thing -- ignorance or lack of interest in what seems to be "all things related to Izzy" and this weird "ability" to miss a lot of interesting talking points during the interviews seems to be quite common on Brando's podcast (I noticed that on several episodes, I have listened to quite a few of them...). But, hey, then again, Brando is the one doing this whole thing all by himself! Right? And it was thanks to this episode that I found that Slash has played on "one or two" Bernard Fowler tracks. Including this one:

ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5646

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Izzy Stradlin said to Bernard Fowler that he is "writing" (May 2024) Empty Re: Izzy Stradlin said to Bernard Fowler that he is "writing" (May 2024)

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 28, 2024 8:49 am

Thanks, Ludurigan.

Yeah, Brando does skip over some things I would have wanted him to prod more into. Still, as you point out, his interviews does provide a bunch of interesting info on GN'R so I have to be very happy for the work he does.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down