APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2020.05.21 - Heavy Consequence - Guns N’ Roses Launch “Not in This Lifetime Selects” Concert Streaming Series

Go down

2020.05.21 - Heavy Consequence - Guns N’ Roses Launch “Not in This Lifetime Selects” Concert Streaming Series Empty 2020.05.21 - Heavy Consequence - Guns N’ Roses Launch “Not in This Lifetime Selects” Concert Streaming Series

Post by Blackstar Thu May 23, 2024 3:22 am

Guns N’ Roses Launch “Not in This Lifetime Selects” Concert Streaming Series: Watch

The rock legends are sharing pro-shot footage of their mega-successful reunion tour

By Spencer Kaufman

Having just postponed their summer North American tour due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Guns N’ Roses are offering an alternative “live experience” for fans. The band has launched a new streaming series, dubbed “Not in This Lifetime Selects”, showing pro-shot footage from their mega-successful tour.

The “Not in This Lifetime Tour” kicked off in 2016, with Slash and Duff McKagan rejoining Axl Rose in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame band. Over a four-year period, the extensive trek has earned $563 million, making it one of the highest-grossing tours of all time.

The streaming series starts Thursday (May 21st) with select highlights from the band’s October 29th, 2019 show at the Vivint Smart Home Arena in Salt Lake City, Utah. That gig saw GN’R play 25 songs, including seven from their iconic debut album, Appetite for Destruction, plus covers of the Misfits’ “Attitude” and The Who’s “The Seeker”, among others.

Guns N’ Roses’ “Not in This Lifetime Selects” series follows in the footsteps of Metallica’s current #MetallicaMondays series, during which the metal legends have been streaming a full classic concert each week on YouTube and Facebook.

Tune in to the YouTube player below on Thursday (May 21st) at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. ET for the first installment of Guns N’ Roses’ “Not in This Lifetime Selects” streaming series.

https://consequence.net/2020/05/guns-n-roses-streaming-concert-series/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 89910

Back to top Go down

2020.05.21 - Heavy Consequence - Guns N’ Roses Launch “Not in This Lifetime Selects” Concert Streaming Series Empty Re: 2020.05.21 - Heavy Consequence - Guns N’ Roses Launch “Not in This Lifetime Selects” Concert Streaming Series

Post by Blackstar Thu May 23, 2024 3:23 am

Ultimate Classic Rock, same date:

Watch: Guns N’ Roses Launch Concert Streaming Series

By Corey Irwin

Guns N’ Roses have debuted a new streaming video series dubbed “Not in This Lifetime Selects.”

Comprised of professionally shot footage from their Not in This Lifetime tour, “Not in This Lifetime Selects” will offer various highlights from throughout the massively successful trek.

The first installment showcases selections from the band’s Oct. 29, 2019 performance at the Vivint Smart Home Arena in Salt Lake City.

The GNR set kicks off with a blistering rendition of “It’s So Easy,” a fan favorite from the seminal 1987 LP Appetite For Destruction. From there, the concert video rolls into “Chinese Democracy,” the title track from the band’s much maligned sixth LP.

“Double Talkin' Jive,” the classic deep cut from 1991’s Use Your Illusion I, closes the three-song set. While the performance has already seen Slash flex his muscles on various guitar solos by this point, the axe-wielding musician really lets loose on the final track, punctuating the tune with unrivaled fretboard fury.

Watch the first edition of Guns N’ Roses’ “Not in This Lifetime Selects” below.

GNR launched the Not in this Lifetime tour in 2016, their first performances to feature Slash and bassist Duff McKagan in over 20 years. What began as an initial 20-date trek grew and grew, eventually spanning more than three years. The tour pulled in more than $584 million in that time, making it one of the highest-grossing tours in history.

GNR had planned to continue performing this summer, but recently announced their North American dates would be postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic. Stops in Central and South America, which were already pushed back from the spring, are still tentatively scheduled to take place this fall.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-concert-streaming/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2020.05.21 - Heavy Consequence - Guns N’ Roses Launch “Not in This Lifetime Selects” Concert Streaming Series Empty Re: 2020.05.21 - Heavy Consequence - Guns N’ Roses Launch “Not in This Lifetime Selects” Concert Streaming Series

Post by Blackstar Thu May 23, 2024 3:25 am

GN'R Reddit, same date:

Te0xs
We'll never have another Tokyo 92 for sure Smile

flebeis
Never say never.

Te0xs
I hope. But axl is not more the old axl

flebeis
To each his own.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/go2zej/nitlt_live_today/

GN'R Reddit, May 22:

[Deleted user]
Open letter to Fernando with an open mind about the shows

Hello Fernando,
As a quite big Guns N' Roses fan I feel like I should make this post. I am begging this by letting you know that this is NOT to make fun, troll, throw shit or say anything negative towards you and/or the band. Quite frankly, it is the opposite.
So, I want to say thank you for the thing that was done today. It was a nice gift even though a short one, not bad, it is a good start. The show choice was a bit peculiar and this is the main reason for this letter. As a suggestion from a fan that's been listening to a lot of the bootlegs from NITLT, I can confidently say that there could have been options.
Since the reunion, the 2016 and 2017 have been the strongest legs of the tour with the North American leg from the first year being the strongest. Based on my experience the BEST sounding show out of all is the one performed in Houston, Texas 2016.
This thing done today could open the possibility for a potential DVD/BLU-Ray release. In my opinion and possibly a lot of other fans' opinions, it would be an amazing thing to release that concert. Personally, I would go as far as releasing a mix which has at base that show and includes other songs which weren't performed in that night or were later additions to the set-list such as Shadow, You're Crazy, Dead Horse etc. I would really love if something like that would happen as it would combine the best show with the other songs. It would be nice to do it collaboration with other fans as well as personally I don't know the best of the best for each song, but again, the Houston show was AMAZING. As a side note, some performances from late 2017 could be also used for some missing songs such as Catcher, TWAT, Prostitute, Madagascar, Axl was great there as well.
A lot of us understand that Axl ain't 25 and that he ain't gonna sound like we would all want to on all the songs, but a lot of us see this thing with an OPEN MIND and can appreciate the fact that they are still alive and performing 3 hour sets. That's why I am even writing this letter, with the hope that you're gonna read it, show it to Axl if possible and make this thing happen. Please.
Best regards,
Raul.

flebeis
Thanks for the note.
We are currently just picking shows at random; we will work through them all, believe me. If it gets positively engaged as it is now, we will continue to deliver.

flebeis
Awesome to hear we are back on the right path, forward always. Let’s get ready for the next one.

Jw224 (June 8)
Any updates on this? It's starting to seem like it's just been abandoned.

flebeis (June 13)
It’s called respecting what’s currently happening across the globe.

SuckertrainReds (June 15)
Fernando this makes absolutely no sense. Are you saying GNR releasing Live YouTube videos will increase Coronavirus cases? Or Black Lives Matter will protest the release of a video? You said these videos should already be out and they are coming Sooner than Soon! You really are unprofessional and incompetent. Either that or you really dislike GNR fans

flebeis (June 18)
Adorable.
I love GNR fans.
Sorry if you feel you aren’t included on the love. But it’s there.
The series will continue soon.
Stay on the positive side of things fam, been through too much to let these negative few disrupt the progress.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/go9s4x/open_letter_to_fernando_with_an_open_mind_about/?sort=old
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu May 23, 2024 3:26 am

The second installment of “Not in This Lifetime Selects” was released on June 29, 2020. 7 "Selects" were released in total (the last one on July 10, 2021), plus two standalone songs that were released only on facebook and Instagram, but not on YouTube.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down