APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2020.05.07 - Appetite For Distortion - Interview with Matt

Go down

2020.05.07 - Appetite For Distortion - Interview with Matt Empty 2020.05.07 - Appetite For Distortion - Interview with Matt

Post by Blackstar Thu May 23, 2024 3:13 am

#MattSorum joins us to discuss producing Cherie Currie's new album, the effect of Coronavirus on the environment, his upcoming book, #GunsNRoses, #VelvetRevolver, and more!

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2020.05.07 - Appetite For Distortion - Interview with Matt Empty Re: 2020.05.07 - Appetite For Distortion - Interview with Matt

Post by Blackstar Thu May 23, 2024 3:14 am

Excerpts from Ultimate Guitar:

During an appearance on Appetite for Distortion, former Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver drummer, Matt Sorum, who was a member of the GN'R fold between 1990 and 1997, looked back on the band's height of popularity, the wild days, and struggles with substance abuse.

Matt is gearing up to release an autobiography titled "Double Talkin' Jive." He said (transcribed by UG):

"At that particular time of our lives - you're young and you're out there and you're rebellious, and you're doing what you think is right at the time.

"I meet younger kids and younger bands and they're partying and they're doing their thing, and I've got nothing to say about any of that except for you're gonna get there when you get there, and you're gonna do what you're gonna do until you don't do it anymore.

"I've gotta say a large percentage of those years were great. [Laughs] I don't go back, 'Oh, man, it was horrible. I was in such bad shape.'

"Yes, there were times, back in the day... as hard as we went at it, I thought someone was gonna die, for sure.

"And I used to worry probably more about the other guys than me. Especially Duff, I thought any day, 'cause there were times when I would see him and I'd go, 'God...'

"But we've all lived to tell the tale, if you will, with the exception of people that we love, like Scott [Weiland], and people that we lost like Chester [Bennington] and Chris Cornel...

"Those were the guys that were gonna fill the bill for the guys that came before them. Those were the three greats that were gonna replace the icons before them.

"Who's gonna replace Mick [Jagger] and Steven Tyler and all these great rock 'n' roll frontmen? Who is the next generation?

"Who are the guys that are gonna take their place for the next generation to go, 'Oh my God. This is Chris Cornell, one of the greatest rock singers of all time.'"

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/drummer_matt_sorum_names_guns_n_roses_member_he_thought_was_going_to_die_1st_at_height_of_bands_popularity.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down