APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2020.01.24 - The Seattle Times - Letters To The Editor: Duff McKagan of Guns N’ Roses and other Seattleites share their frustrations

Go down

2020.01.24 - The Seattle Times - Letters To The Editor: Duff McKagan of Guns N’ Roses and other Seattleites share their frustrations Empty 2020.01.24 - The Seattle Times - Letters To The Editor: Duff McKagan of Guns N’ Roses and other Seattleites share their frustrations

Post by Blackstar Sun 28 Apr 2024 - 22:57

‘Criminals and thugs have laid claim to downtown’: Duff McKagan of Guns N’ Roses and other Seattleites share their frustrations

[...]

Mayor Durkan, I implore you

I am a lifelong Seattleite. I have a history of drug and alcohol abuse, but I have been clean and sober for 25 years. I got with the Union Gospel Mission, and have visited “the jungle” and talked to the homeless on a few occasions, and am aware of the different hot spots in the city for different drugs and crimes.

I’ve spent the last 35 years traveling the planet, and have become a student of how different cities operate and change over time.

Two years ago, my band Guns N’ Roses played in Seattle. One of our security staff took a walk to the health and nutrition store GNC downtown from our hotel, and came back shaken up. In all of his travels — and we go to some pretty “bad” cities, crime-wise — he’d never seen anything like downtown Seattle. And this particular individual is a large and very physically able man who served in the U.S. Army Special Forces. I was crestfallen.

Seattle is the only city in the world that I take a knife with me downtown when I go to my gym, or take my family to the theater or dinner.

Something has to be done here. This is enough! More police. No open drug zone. I implore Mayor Jenny Durkan to make Seattle’s downtown a place of safety.

Seattle is my city, and it’s gotten way past the point of being scary.

Duff McKagan, Seattle, bassist, Guns N’ Roses

[...]

https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/downtown-seattle-violence-readers-say-enough-is-enough/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87861

Back to top Go down