APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The To-Do List

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The To-Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: The To-Do List

Post by Soulmonster on Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:32 pm

@Blackstar wrote:
@Soulmonster wrote:Currently revising the history section. One of the things I am doing is creating CSS images for more than just band members. Make quotes nicer (I think), but also makes it harder to copying the text and pasting elsewhere.

Example can be seen here: https://www.a-4-d.com/t4046p240-the-history-in-their-own-words#16162

I like it!

It definitely makes it all nicer to read (I don't think it makes much difference about copying/pasting).

I am hoping that if people simply select all text on the page and paste it elsewhere, you will lose all info on who is saying what unless the images are copied, too.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63763
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

The To-Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: The To-Do List

Post by Blackstar on Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:36 pm

@Soulmonster wrote:
@Blackstar wrote:
@Soulmonster wrote:Currently revising the history section. One of the things I am doing is creating CSS images for more than just band members. Make quotes nicer (I think), but also makes it harder to copying the text and pasting elsewhere.
Example can be seen here: https://www.a-4-d.com/t4046p240-the-history-in-their-own-words#16162
I like it!

It definitely makes it all nicer to read (I don't think it makes much difference about copying/pasting).
I am hoping that if people simply select all text on the page and paste it elsewhere, you will lose all info on who is saying what unless the images are copied, too.
Ah, yes. If they try to copy massively, it works that way.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Posts : 4188
Plectra : 28704
Reputation : 91
Join date : 2018-03-17

Back to top Go down

The To-Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: The To-Do List

Post by Soulmonster on Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:37 pm

@Blackstar wrote:
@Soulmonster wrote:

@Blackstar wrote:

@Soulmonster wrote:Currently revising the history section. One of the things I am doing is creating CSS images for more than just band members. Make quotes nicer (I think), but also makes it harder to copying the text and pasting elsewhere.
Example can be seen here: https://www.a-4-d.com/t4046p240-the-history-in-their-own-words#16162

I like it!

It definitely makes it all nicer to read (I don't think it makes much difference about copying/pasting).

I am hoping that if people simply select all text on the page and paste it elsewhere, you will lose all info on who is saying what unless the images are copied, too.

Ah, yes. If they try to copy massively, it works that way.

Suckers!!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63763
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

The To-Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: The To-Do List

Post by Soulmonster on Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:23 pm

Working on styling the quote bubbles a bit differently, what do you guys think?

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4046p330-the-history-in-their-own-words#16385
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63763
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

The To-Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: The To-Do List

Post by Blackstar on Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:29 pm

@Soulmonster wrote:Working on styling the quote bubbles a bit differently, what do you guys think?

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4046p330-the-history-in-their-own-words#16385
I like that that the source of the quote is placed distinctly under it. And it looks better!
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Posts : 4188
Plectra : 28704
Reputation : 91
Join date : 2018-03-17

Back to top Go down

The To-Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: The To-Do List

Post by Soulmonster on Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:35 pm

I decided I needed even more to do. So I started with som graphical infographics. This is just a draft of an early start.

The To-Do List - Page 2 Stats10
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63763
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

The To-Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: The To-Do List

Post by Soulmonster on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:34 pm

New version. I want to cram much more data in there, and make it more visually appealing. Too bad I am not a graphic designer!

The To-Do List - Page 2 Stats11
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63763
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

The To-Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: The To-Do List

Post by Soulmonster on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:52 pm

The To-Do List - Page 2 Stats12
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63763
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

The To-Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: The To-Do List

Post by Soulmonster on Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:43 pm

Any more stats that should be added to this?

The To-Do List - Page 2 Stats14
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63763
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

The To-Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: The To-Do List

Post by Blackstar on Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:14 pm

@Soulmonster wrote:Any more stats that should be added to this?

The To-Do List - Page 2 Stats14
Looks fine. I can't think of anything else. Maybe new (different) songs added per year, but I don't know if there is space for that.

I see that in @username's list over at mygnr
http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/222903-live-statistics-original-gnr-and-new-gnr/
there are 99 different songs played (or 97 if the two instrumentals included don't count) and in your stats it's 106. I wonder what are the 7 or 9 songs missing from username's list. Just from memory, one must be "Communication Breakdown" that the band had played in Atlanta in 1987 (and probably at another show I don't remember right now) when Axl was not onstage.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Posts : 4188
Plectra : 28704
Reputation : 91
Join date : 2018-03-17

Back to top Go down

The To-Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: The To-Do List

Post by Soulmonster on Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:40 pm

@Blackstar wrote:
@Soulmonster wrote:Any more stats that should be added to this?

The To-Do List - Page 2 Stats14

Looks fine. I can't think of anything else. Maybe new (different) songs added per year, but I don't know if there is space for that.

I see that in @username's list over at mygnr
http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/222903-live-statistics-original-gnr-and-new-gnr/
there are 99 different songs played (or 97 if the two instrumentals included don't count) and in your stats it's 106. I wonder what are the 7 or 9 songs missing from username's list. Just from memory, one must be "Communication Breakdown" that the band had played in Atlanta in 1987 (and probably at another show I don't remember right now) when Axl was not onstage.

Possible songs from Drunk Fux concerts mistakingly notes down as GN'R, or jams mistakingly added as full songs. You can see the list of the least played songs here, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you immediately could point out songs to remove Very Happy

Generally speaking, when I am finished with the history section I will go through the concert section and look at each thread. I will then add to my excel database with additional information (opening band, guest musicians, jams, etc). This will add a whole new level of data to the stats. But that will be in, like, what? 2022?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63763
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

The To-Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: The To-Do List

Post by Soulmonster on Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:54 am

I am still beavering away on the history section. I have come to interviews from 1997 now. From now on I expect less interviews so I expect more rapid progress. That being said, I have a bunch of articles I haven't added yet, and I assume the same to be the case for @Blackstar, so we will likely add new material continuously. Then, after 2008, it will move slower again when there will be a plethora of articles and interviews to transcribe and add.

I am also updating the layout as I move along, making it all look better and making it ready for future layout updates by adding things in CSS scripts so I can easily change stuff later (like, if I want to change the little image of Slash used, that can be done across the entire forum with just a little change in the script).

At some stage I will also have to do a major revision of the history section to order the chapters differently and add chapters that needs to be added.

All in all I don't expect the history section to be finished in 2020, either, but hopefully I am well into the 2000s interviews by the end of this year Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63763
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

The To-Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: The To-Do List

Post by Blackstar on Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:30 pm

Yeah, I have some earlier articles to add and a bunch of articles from 1997 on...
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Posts : 4188
Plectra : 28704
Reputation : 91
Join date : 2018-03-17

Back to top Go down

The To-Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: The To-Do List

Post by Soulmonster on Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:49 pm

@Blackstar wrote:Yeah, I have some earlier articles to add and a bunch of articles from 1997 on...

What we are doing here, has it ever been done before? I mean, collecting all available interviews and making a history that would be the definite guide to a band and what they have said? I suppose there must be huge fan forums for bands like Beatles and Rolling Stones, etc, but I have never heard of a anyone making such an effort and making it available to everyone. It should be the definite, ultimate go-to source for anyone wanting to read or write about the band.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Posts : 12401
Plectra : 63763
Reputation : 819
Join date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

The To-Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: The To-Do List

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum