APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2019.02.22 - Press Release/Blabbermouth - Listen To Duff McKagan's New Solo Single, 'Tenderness'

Go down

2019.02.22 - Press Release/Blabbermouth - Listen To Duff McKagan's New Solo Single, 'Tenderness' Empty 2019.02.22 - Press Release/Blabbermouth - Listen To Duff McKagan's New Solo Single, 'Tenderness'

Post by Blackstar Thu 29 Feb 2024 - 2:15

Listen To Duff McKagan's New Solo Single, 'Tenderness'

Duff McKagan has released "Tenderness", the first single from the Guns N' Roses bassist's upcoming solo album.

"The real point of this record, and the lyrics for 'Tenderness', is not for me to be some damn politician or some other voice to add to what is already way too much noise," McKagan said in a statement.

"This is a song of unity and peace… and I want this record to be a meditation and to bring maybe some healing, if that is not too high-handed or lofty of a goal," he continued. "I can use what marginal voice I have as an artist, to hopefully help arrest what seems like a fall. As a father, I must say and do something now… because I love my girls and my wife, and I love my country, and I feel I must be strong and use my voice now, do it while I am able, or perhaps never get a chance ever again."

Duff recently announced his first solo tour dates of 2019, which will take place this spring.

Joining McKagan at the two shows — May 31 at the Theatre Of The Living Arts in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and May 31 at City Winery in Washington D.C. — will be singer-songwriter Shooter Jennings, who produced Duff's new disc.

McKagan and Jennings began recording the album back in March 2018. The two worked out of Station House studios, located in Echo Park, California, writing and recording in between McKagan's tour with seminal rock band Guns N' Roses and the release of Jennings's eponymous album, "Shooter".

"From the start of the development of this record, 'Tenderness' stood out as a focal point," says Jennings. "I was almost scared to cut it too early — before we had really mined the sound of the album. I knew we had one shot to do it right with feeling. After it was done and we had a first mix, I wrote Duff and said, 'This song has to come out right now!' It has a simple message of celebrating life and each other and for everyone to take it easy on one another. It offered an empathetic solution for a divisive time in the world: Tenderness."

The album will be McKagan's musical follow-up to 2015's best-selling book, "How To Be A Man (And Other Illusions)".

https://blabbermouth.net/news/listen-to-duff-mckagans-new-solo-single-tenderness
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87072

Back to top Go down

2019.02.22 - Press Release/Blabbermouth - Listen To Duff McKagan's New Solo Single, 'Tenderness' Empty Re: 2019.02.22 - Press Release/Blabbermouth - Listen To Duff McKagan's New Solo Single, 'Tenderness'

Post by Blackstar Thu 29 Feb 2024 - 2:17

Three days earlier, on May 19, Duff teased the release of the album on Instagram. Blabbermouth:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guns N' Roses Bassist Duff McKagan Teases New Solo Album, Announces First Tour Dates

Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan has released a short teaser for his upcoming solo album. The music can be heard in a video announcing his first solo tour dates of 2019, which will take place this spring.

Joining McKagan at the two shows — May 31 at the Theatre Of The Living Arts in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and May 31 at City Winery in Washington D.C. — will be singer-songwriter Shooter Jennings, who produced Duff's new disc.

McKagan and Jennings began recording the album back in March 2018. The two worked out of Station House studios, located in Echo Park, California, writing and recording in between McKagan's tour with seminal rock band Guns N' Roses and the release of Jennings's eponymous album, "Shooter".

The album will be McKagan's musical follow-up to 2015's best-selling book, "How To Be A Man (And Other Illusions)".

https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-bassist-duff-mckagan-teases-new-solo-album-announces-first-tour-dates

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuEfKAOnQ_C/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87072

Back to top Go down