APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2019.03.02 - Rock Talk With Mitch Lafon - Conversation with Alan Niven

Go down

2019.03.02 - Rock Talk With Mitch Lafon - Conversation with Alan Niven Empty 2019.03.02 - Rock Talk With Mitch Lafon - Conversation with Alan Niven

Post by Blackstar Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:06 am

On this episode of Westwood One's Rock Talk With Mitch Lafon. New interviews with QUEENSRŸCHE, guitarist DAMON JOHNSON and BUCKCHERRY. The affable Alan Niven co-hosts.
Before our first interview, Alan offers his managerial advice to bands bitten by the Pledge Music bug. [...]
Before our second interview Alan and Mitch discuss Alice Cooper, the imagery of Guns N' Roses, new music from GNR and Alan reveals who is 'real prima donna pain in the a**' [...]
In our second interview, we sit down with (Brother Cane, Think Lizzy, Alice Cooper) Damon Johnson [...]
Before our Buckcherry interview, Alan & Mitch talk about the band, Scott Weiland, 'The Project' with Duff & Slash and critiques Jack Russell's current band. [...]

The first GN'R related conversation with Alan Niven starts at 35:52 minute mark, and the second one at 1:16:54.

https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/the-jeremy-white-show-514662/episodes/queensryche-damon-johnson-buck-37320739

Last edited by Blackstar on Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:18 pm; edited 5 times in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87861

Back to top Go down

2019.03.02 - Rock Talk With Mitch Lafon - Conversation with Alan Niven Empty Re: 2019.03.02 - Rock Talk With Mitch Lafon - Conversation with Alan Niven

Post by Blackstar Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:07 am

Excerpts from Alternative Nation:
--------------------------------------

Former Guns N’ Roses manager Alan Niven revealed some surprising news about the new Guns N’ Roses album on a new Rock Talk with Mitch Lafon. Niven claimed that Slash told him a few months ago that Axl Rose is in ‘isolation’ going through Chinese Democracy leftovers to put on the new GNR album, and that he didn’t seem thrilled with the news. Alternative Nation reporter Mike Mazzarone transcribed Niven’s comments.

“Well, it isn’t so much ‘my take’, it’s what Curly [Slash] said to me the last time that I saw him which was when he came through Phoenix here just a few months ago. He told me that basically Axl was in isolation, going through stuff that was recorded, but not used, on Chinese Democracy. You know, if I’d been making the comment, the next record might as well be called Chinese Leftovers.

I’m not just trying to be cynical, taking a poke at him, though obviously I am in a way, but out of Slash’s mouth that is what’s going on, and he didn’t seem too thrilled about it. Also, you know, Duff, love him to death, is this Duff the accountant we’re listening to, Duff the PR guy, or Duff the rock and roll bassist? Can he contribute to something new and wonderful?

Some time ago he and Izzy were doing some writing together, and I’ll stand by the position that I’ve made clear many times. If you are going to do genuine Guns N’ Roses as opposed to Velvet Conspirators, you’ve got to have Izzy in the creative mix. Izzy is the critical atom that makes that molecule hold together and work. If you’re not working with Izzy, then I don’t think you are making Guns N’ Roses music."

https://www.alternativenation.net/slash-allegedly-reveals-axl-rose-isolation-bizarre-reason/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2019.03.02 - Rock Talk With Mitch Lafon - Conversation with Alan Niven Empty Re: 2019.03.02 - Rock Talk With Mitch Lafon - Conversation with Alan Niven

Post by Blackstar Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:08 am

SMKC played in Phoenix on September 15, 2018.

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:08 am

More excerpts from Alternative Nation:
----------------------------------------------

Legendary former Guns N’ Roses manager Alan Niven didn’t mince words when it came to late Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland, stating that he didn’t “see Scott’s worth” in regards to fronting Velvet Revolver on a new edition of Rock Talk with Mitch Lafon. Alternative Nation reporter Mike Mazzarone transcribed Niven’s comments.

“Well in the interests of transparency and honesty, my partner and I went to see Velvet with Scott when they came through Arizona the first time.

Curly A.K.A. Slash, myself, and Heather went into the hotel bar and this was the first time that Heather had actually met Slash and she was horrified because we sat down at the table and I [inaudible] across the table and the first thing out of my mouth was:

‘What are you thinking!’

Curly goes, ‘I know, I know’. I just didn’t get it at all. I just did not see Scott’s worth.”

https://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-legend-brutally-criticizes-scott-weiland/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down