APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2018.08.03 - Twitter/Alternative Nation - Guns N’ Roses Tour Manager [Del James] Reacts To ‘Disgusted’ Fans

Go down

2018.08.03 - Twitter/Alternative Nation - Guns N’ Roses Tour Manager [Del James] Reacts To ‘Disgusted’ Fans Empty 2018.08.03 - Twitter/Alternative Nation - Guns N’ Roses Tour Manager [Del James] Reacts To ‘Disgusted’ Fans

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:23 am

Guns N’ Roses Tour Manager Reacts To ‘Disgusted’ Fans

RussTCB recently wrote an open letter to Guns N’ Roses on MyGNRForum about recent drama in the GNR fan community, which mentions Brando from Athe Appetite for Distortion podcast (Gambit83 on MyGNRForum).

Guns N’ Roses tour manager Del James wrote in response to the letter on Twitter, “I read it and to be honest I have very little sympathy for anyone who uploads anything that they’re not supposed to like movies/music/videos. If someone is concerned about legal ramifications then maybe they shouldn’t break the law? Let the flames begin…”

He later clarified his views after being sent more information.

“Dear @ms_metal

I am not fully aware of the situation, & again to be perfectly honest, not particularly interested about bootlegs but the part about people’s families being threatened is disturbing.

Who is making these threats and what exactly are they saying? Pls clarify.”

“When I first replied without knowing much other than the question posed and the link to a message board post, I assumed someone got a ‘cease & desist’ letter and that was interpreted as a threat. Now it’s starting to sound more like personal message board drama.”

“And did it ever occur to you that possibly this online bully who is part of ‘your community’ is lying about his or her connection to GNR?

The internet is a strange place. Lots of liars, obsessives, psychos, bullshit artists, and fake accounts.

I wish you well.”

“Without knowing exactly how, my guess would b someone goes 2 youtube & claims to work for someone (Elvis for example). If they have enuff information about (Elvis Inc.) & can bullshit youtube enough into believing they r legit, then they can report illegal/unauthorized material.”

“When I read/skimmed a message board post about ‘families being threatened’ I assumed that a lawyer sent a cease and desist letter which scared someone into thinking they were going to get their balls sued off for posting copyrighted or illegal material.”

https://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-tour-manager-reacts-disgusted-fans/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87097

Back to top Go down

2018.08.03 - Twitter/Alternative Nation - Guns N’ Roses Tour Manager [Del James] Reacts To ‘Disgusted’ Fans Empty Re: 2018.08.03 - Twitter/Alternative Nation - Guns N’ Roses Tour Manager [Del James] Reacts To ‘Disgusted’ Fans

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:38 am

GN'R Central, same date:
--------------------------------

Del James Provides More Responses to Fans Over Copyright Controversy

Guns N’ Roses Tour Manager Del James became the first person from the Guns N’ Roses camp yesterday to speak about the copyright issues plaguing the community the past four months. Late yesterday and today he provided some more responses confirming that the people removing Guns N’ Roses bootlegs online are in no way affiliated with the band or their management. A lot of fans unloaded on Del James who didn’t seem to acknowledge the threats against individuals and he provided some clarity on that. Del also confirmed he is only speaking for himself and not the band or their management. Check out our latest podcast with Ms. Metal, Brando from Appetite for Distortion and former Manager Doug Goldstein. Ms. Metal talked about direct messaging Del James on twitter and chatting with him. Check out his responses below in order of their posting on Twitter!

https://web.archive.org/web/20220707072440/https://gnrcentral.com/2018/08/03/del-james-provides-tweet-responses-to-copyright-controversy/

Last edited by Blackstar on Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2018.08.03 - Twitter/Alternative Nation - Guns N’ Roses Tour Manager [Del James] Reacts To ‘Disgusted’ Fans Empty Re: 2018.08.03 - Twitter/Alternative Nation - Guns N’ Roses Tour Manager [Del James] Reacts To ‘Disgusted’ Fans

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:48 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:50 am

The copyright strikes and fan made video takedown drama would continue (and intensify) in the next couple of years.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down