APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2018.12.13 - Basel Meets Podcast - Interview with Slash

Go down

2018.12.13 - Basel Meets Podcast - Interview with Slash Empty 2018.12.13 - Basel Meets Podcast - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:44 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2018.12.13 - Basel Meets Podcast - Interview with Slash Empty Re: 2018.12.13 - Basel Meets Podcast - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:49 am

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
----------------------------------

Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash was interviewed by the "Basel Meets" podcast when the band performed in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates at the end of November. You can now listen to the chat using the audio player below.

Speaking about the song "The One You Loved Is Gone", which is featured on "Living The Dream", the latest album from his Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy And The Conspirators project, Slash said: "We never really discussed [the lyrical approach prior to writing it] … Whenever we write music or write anything, I'll just come up with a very simple arrangement of ideas for one song, and [Myles Kennedy will] start coming up with melodies. And we'll work up the whole song, the whole arrangement together with Brent and Todd and get it so that we have all the arrangements together. And then, when we're in the studio is when the ideas for his lyrics really crystalize. So where his ideas for lyrics come from could be a completely different place from where the music idea came from.

"Initially, that song was inspired — believe it or not… I wrote the intro for 'The Walking Dead'. Because at that time, 'The Walking Dead' didn't really have any other music outside of its score music, and so I was trying to push them to play an original song on there. But they wouldn't go for it. 'Cause it's me, and they don't wanna have any recognizable existing names as part of 'The Walking Dead' world. And so it never happened, but it was always a good musical idea. And I introduced it to Myles to see if would come up with something so we could create a song for 'The Walking Dead'. So he had some melodies and whatnot, but the lyrics became something completely different by the time we recorded it in 2018."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/why-slashs-original-song-idea-was-rejected-by-the-walking-dead
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down