APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2018.08.20 - Sirius XM's Trunk Nation - Interview with Slash

2 posters

Go down

2018.08.20 - Sirius XM's Trunk Nation - Interview with Slash Empty 2018.08.20 - Sirius XM's Trunk Nation - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:45 am

Transcript:

Eddit Trunk: Back live. It's Eddie Trunk from Trunk Nation. Slash just walked in. We're talking about travel nightmares. And when you circle above an airport 'cause they have no way that they can land. Which is called-

Slash: But they love telling you how they've saved a bunch of time on the flight, "But we're gonna hover around the airport for about 25 minutes to an hour till we can park, till we can land the plane, and then of course, your flight's late by then.

ET: Right. And you're in LA, I'm, I'm here in... my airport's Newark that I use. Both one of like the most overcrowded airports so it's the same deal trying to get in and out of them. Like yesterday I had to take off from Tulsa and I sat because there's so much traffic going into the airport that they have to wait until traffic like lightens up. It's just not a good image. Like do you do, I mean, you've traveled your whole life all over the world, do you do well with travel? Like do you get freaked out on planes ever?

Slash: No, no. I don't have a problem traveling, but, you know, I'm always in a hurry, that's the thing. And if you have a tight schedule, if you're gonna be flying, you gotta loosen it up 'cause it's just not as predictable as you'd like it to be.

ET: Even though I imagine you get to fly private a lot, right?

Slash: I only fly private when like Guns has been flying private. But I don't...  it's super expensive to fly. It's a waste of money. I mean, all things considered.

ET: Yeah, it is. So, of course, we had Slash on just a couple weeks ago from the big LA thing, we had a lot of fun there at the Rainbow.

Slash: Yeah, that was cool.

ET: And that was a blast.

Slash: That was the first time I've been at The Rainbow in a while and there's a couple people that have been working since I first started going there. And it was sort of a trip, you know.

ET: Oh, you saw people you knew still?

Slash: Yeah, yeah.

ET: Of course. Slash has been out now that what's interesting is we did that thing at The Rainbow and that was like really one of the first radio things you did.

Slash: It was the first radio interview.

ET: To talk about coming back with Myles and the Conspirators, the records out September 21st, and now you've been out talking quite a bit and there's been a bunch of interviews, something you didn't have to do for all those years of Guns N' Roses.

Slash: I know. It is hard to getting back into it. The best one, the best one was the first interview that I did where, not radio, but the first real serious interview. Not SiriusXM but serious like in... was Rolling Stone, which I haven't read, but this-

ET: -It just came out.

Slash: -this fucking guy was just like drilling me for information that I just didn't want to get into with him, 'cause that wasn't what the interview was supposed to be about. And so it just came out and I was like, that was the first interview that I had to do. And it was like, he wanted to talk about my divorce, wanted to talk about Guns N' Roses, wanted to talk about all this stuff that I was like didn't really wanna talk about. I just wanted to talk about the record and all that, you know, anyway. But, yeah, he and I didn't get along too well.

ET: I saw that come out actually. I think you did that in England or something.

Slash It was, yeah, it was in England.

ET: So was that decision during all that time though, in Guns to, that was like, obviously, that was a band wide decision that you guys were just gonna play-

Slash: -It wasn't even-

ET: Was it talked about?

Slash: It wasn't even talked about. There was just nothing to do, any press, nobody wanted to do press and there was nothing to do press about.

ET: And there was no need to, 'cause most bands do press to sell something and all the tickets were sold.

Slash: We weren't selling a new record or anything like that. So it was nice. Like I said, you know, 'cause I fucking work my ass off with Conspirators, you know, you've gotta promote the shit outta this stuff just so people know that you're gonna be in the neighborhood or whatever. So that was nice, but now I'm back into it.

ET: Yeah. Now you're full on back into it.

Slash: Back in promo mode again.

ET: Yeah, because I'm seeing you pop up everywhere, you got a record to sell, man. So September 21st, the new album from Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators is out [?]. Since I saw you last there's another track, right? You just released, Mind Your-

Slash: -Manners.

ET: Mind Your Manners. So-

Slash: It's cool, I got a lot of positive response on this particular track. And the funny thing about the track was literally, you know, we had a date, you know, okay, we're gonna go back into the studio, I hadn't really seen Todd and Brent, Myles and those guys, and Frank like, except for at a couple Guns shows, for a year and a half. So come January we're gonna get together, it was like January 20th or something, and then we show up at the studio and the gear's there like, okay, so what do you do? We're like, "What's the first song? What do we jam on?" Because you could stand around for half an hour or two hours trying to figure out what the first thing is gonna be, what's the first thing to work on. And so I just made this riff up on the spot and that's what Mind Your Manners is.

ET: They're already giving me the kill sign that you gotta go. I know you weren't supposed-

Slash: I knew if I came in to talk to you, I'd start to hang out and get comfortable.

ET: I know. They said, I just said, 'cause I saw you, I was like, "How's he not come down for five minutes?" and they're like-

Slash: Oh no, I just, I got out of the last interview-

ET: I know you got other shit to do.

Slash: -and I just came down here and they came behind me.

ET: Yeah. I appreciate, I didn't want to, I know we just had our moment a couple weeks ago. I didn't want to [?] everybody's time.

Slash: No, it's good to see you again. I don't wanna invade your territory either, but-

ET: No man, you're welcome. Come on anytime.

Slash: Try and make it next month.

ET: I'm gonna come, at the very least, I'll be there on the 13th. I'm gonna try to make the 11th as well. And everybody go and buy this record. You can probably do the pre-order and all that. I know you're the worst self-promoter in the world.

Slash: All I can say is I'm pretty sure it's a good record.

ET: From the two tracks we have it's killer and you know how much I love the band, man, so I'm so glad you're doing it again and it's cool. Frank is on the record, real quick, right?

Slash: Yeah. Frank, you know what, not only is Frank on the record but he did an amazing job 'cause I'd never worked with him outside of rehearsing for gigs. He learned the World on Fire record and off we went. But his input on the record was fucking awesome.

ET: Yeah. Well, Frank, Myles, Todd, Brent, Slash - just killer band. I'm sure you've seen it, but I can't wait for this next phase of it. They're gonna kill me. You have to go, thanks, Slash.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87097

Back to top Go down

2018.08.20 - Sirius XM's Trunk Nation - Interview with Slash Empty Re: 2018.08.20 - Sirius XM's Trunk Nation - Interview with Slash

Post by Soulmonster Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:12 am

Translated this.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76582

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum