APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2018.05.11 - Triple M Rock - Steven Adler Saved Nikki Sixx’s Life, Inspiring Kickstart My Heart

Go down

2018.05.11 - Triple M Rock - Steven Adler Saved Nikki Sixx’s Life, Inspiring Kickstart My Heart Empty 2018.05.11 - Triple M Rock - Steven Adler Saved Nikki Sixx’s Life, Inspiring Kickstart My Heart

Post by Blackstar Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:28 pm

Chatting to Triple M's Iron Hayden, Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler revealed he is the real inspiration behind the Motley Crue song Kickstart My Heart.

The drummer, who's touring Australia May 2018, told Triple M he found Sixx passed out and Adler saved his glam rock friend by putting him in the shower, slapping his face before paramedics arrived Sixx. The experience inspired the hit single Kickstart My Heart.

Last edited by Blackstar on Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87097

Back to top Go down

2018.05.11 - Triple M Rock - Steven Adler Saved Nikki Sixx’s Life, Inspiring Kickstart My Heart Empty Re: 2018.05.11 - Triple M Rock - Steven Adler Saved Nikki Sixx’s Life, Inspiring Kickstart My Heart

Post by Blackstar Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:33 pm

Transcribed excerpts from Tone Deaf:
-------------------------------------------

Steven Adler responds to claims that Mötley Crüe ripped off Guns N’ Roses

Back in April, Guns N’ Roses’ former manager Doug Goldstein revealed to GNR Central a number of interesting facts, including how he believed that the riff from Mötley Crüe’s ‘Dr. Feelgood’ was directly lifted.

“‘Dr. Feelgood,’ the Mötley Crüe song, that’s a Guns N’ Roses song. Slash and Duff wrote that riff. They wrote it down in Redondo Beach, when I was with them,” explained Doug Goldstein.

“[Guns N’ Roses] were rehearsing, and Steven [Adler] would come down once a week, and Duff would come down five days a week, and they were jamming and they came up with that riff,” he continued. “Nikki is famous for taking a recorder to a club and stealing songs from bands, [they got it] because they recorded the recorded before we did.”

However, speaking to Triple M, former Guns N’ Roses drummer Steven Adler was asked whether or not there was any truth to the fact that Mötley Crüe stole the riff from his band, and responded by simply stating, “None whatsoever. Nikki is a genius. He is one step ahead of everybody. But he didn’t steal nothing from nobody. He’s a freaking genius.”

“I was hanging out with him and John 5 last Thanksgiving, and I’m telling you, he is the sharpest person I’ve ever and just the greatest guy. I mean, he ruled the ’80s; he ran the ’80s. Everything that he did, every band did after he did it,” Adler explained.

“The only thing of ‘Dr. Feelgood’, that ‘Kickstart My Heart’ song, he wrote it about the paramedics took that syringe and did that Pulp Fiction thing to him. But they didn’t do that; they didn’t do that,” he revealed.”I dragged him into the shower with a broken hand and a cast on my hand, I rolled him in, I put the cold water on him in the shower and I started slapping him in the face with my cast.”

“And next thing you know, the purple in his face just disappeared,” he concluded. “And then right then, the paramedics came in and they grabbed him out of the shower like a rag doll, dropped him in the living room and they just pumped his chest with their hands. And that was it. But he got a hell of a good song out of it. It is entertainment, after all.”

https://tonedeaf.thebrag.com/steven-adler-responds-motley-crue-guns-n-roses/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87097

Back to top Go down