APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2016.10.14 - 96.3 The Zone - Interview with DJ Ashba

Go down

2016.10.14 - 96.3 The Zone - Interview with DJ Ashba Empty 2016.10.14 - 96.3 The Zone - Interview with DJ Ashba

Post by Blackstar Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:35 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

2016.10.14 - 96.3 The Zone - Interview with DJ Ashba Empty Re: 2016.10.14 - 96.3 The Zone - Interview with DJ Ashba

Post by Blackstar Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:41 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
------------------------------------

Willy Tyler of the Billings, Montana radio station 96.3 The Zone recently conducted an interview with former Guns N' Roses and current Sixx A.M.. guitarist DJ Ashba. You can now listen to the chat in the YouTube clip below. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by Blabbermouth.net).

On leaving Guns N' Roses:

Ashba: "I had a blast, man. I think over six years — I don't know; around six years — [I played] well over three hundred shows with them, and we had a lot of fun; there were a lot of laughs a lot of good times. It gets to a point where you kind of start losing yourself, or at least I do. I never got into the music business or started playing music for money, so at some point you kind of start going, 'Wait a second.' Playing other people's songs is really cool and it's fun, especially since you were very inspired growing up as a kid to these songs, but after a while you… I remember [Sixx:A.M.] did the 'Modern Vintage' tour — it was like nineteen shows — the difference between playing stuff that you write and the notes you hit that come from your heart, when you see them connect with the crowd, I can't tell you… No amount of money can buy that feeling. You know what I mean? So it just came down to following my heart and kind of just refocusing and getting myself back on track to where I knew I was supposed to be."

On having to emulate several different guitar players' styles while performing the Guns N' Roses songs on tour:

Ashba: "Yeah. Again, I'm happy I did it, because it was an experience of a lifetime. And it really did make me, I believe, a better guitar player. It was tough. I'm not great at playing other people's styles, and it really made me… You know, I was playing quite a few different people's styles. One song I'd be soloing to a Buckethead solo, the next one would be a Robin Finck solo, the next one would be Slash, and it was tough because they all three have such different styles from each other. And there's three guitar players in the band, which I wasn't used to, so you played five measures of a solo and then the next guy would take off and it was just really broken up and it was a very unnatural feeling to play this stuff. But at the same time, it was an incredible challenge, and I'm glad I did it, though."

On whether he has seen Guns N' Roses perform on the "Not In This Lifetime" tour yet:

Ashba: "I haven't. Actually, I can't wait. I'd love to see it. I remember before the whole thing went down, before it was [made] public, Axl personally called me and really wanted me to be a part of it, and my whole thing was, you know, if [Slash is] coming back, that's his deal, man. I couldn't be happier as a fan, 'cause I get the best of best worlds — I go play in the band I love and I get half of the band I used to love back, which is kind of a win-win. But if Slash is back there, there's no reason I need to be there. I was just there trying to keep the music alive. [Laughs]"

https://blabbermouth.net/news/dj-ashba-on-guns-n-roses-reunion-if-slash-is-back-theres-no-reason-i-need-to-be-there
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down