APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2016.02.23 - GN'R Evolution - Update from Izzy Stradlin

Go down

2016.02.23 - GN'R Evolution - Update from Izzy Stradlin Empty 2016.02.23 - GN'R Evolution - Update from Izzy Stradlin

Post by Blackstar Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:24 am

Message from Izzy shared by Will (Downliner/Chopaway):
Izzy wrote:

Hi there!
At this point in time I`m not involved in the upcoming 2016 gigs . I`ve been writing new material but I have not been writing or recording anything with the GNR guys . I`m starting a twitter account @IzzyStradlin999 to drop a bit of info here and there as needed . Big "thank you" to all the people who have asked about my involvement in April shows !
If anything changes I`ll contact you
spread the word
Cheers
Izzy
Will (Downliner/Chopaway) wrote:Source: Izzy 9

All you Twitter users get following..... @IzzyStradlin999

Edit:- There was some doubt about the legitimacy of this account due to the previous fake Izzy accounts. I've spoken to Izzy personally now and this is genuine.
http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=13709

Last edited by Blackstar on Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2016.02.23 - GN'R Evolution - Update from Izzy Stradlin Empty Re: 2016.02.23 - GN'R Evolution - Update from Izzy Stradlin

Post by Blackstar Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:28 am

Earlier that day, Izzy had launched his twitter account and tweeted the following along with a picture:

"Izzy Stradlin fact..

At this point in time, I've no involvement in the upcoming April 2016 GNR shows"

"Also, I have been writing but I have not been in the studio writing or recording with any of the GNR guys recently"

"Just wanted to clear up some of the misinformation that is out there"

Last edited by Blackstar on Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2016.02.23 - GN'R Evolution - Update from Izzy Stradlin Empty Re: 2016.02.23 - GN'R Evolution - Update from Izzy Stradlin

Post by Blackstar Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:41 am

Related report on Ultimate Guitar, same date:
-------------------------------------------------------

Izzy Stradlin: I Have No Involvement in GN'R Reunion

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin has reportedly made a Twitter profile and informed the world that he has no involvement in the band's latest reunion.

The profile was confirmed as real and legit by a guy named Downliner, who ran the man's fansite for a decade.

Downliner noted about the profile via MyGNR: "I ran an Izzy fansite Chopaway.com for about 10 years I occasionally get emails from Izzy, like once every couple of years. That's as far as my 'direct contact' goes.

"This is definitely Izzy though, as he emailed from the same address that he has used to contact me for years, and the pic he sent has never been released before. Most old timers will know the Chopaway.com history."

He added: "If this is fake it's because Izzy's email account has been hacked. I don't play games or do the fake insider bullshit, just a fan like everyone else who has been lucky enough to get the occasional update from Izzy to pass along to fellow fans. Since he now has more followers on Twitter than me I guess I can officially retire."

Now, about that reunion thing - Izzy noted through the profile: "At this point in time, I've no involvement in the upcoming April 2016 GN'R shows," adding, "Also, I have been writing but I have not been in the studio writing or recording with any of the GN'R guys recently."

He concluded: "Just wanted to clear up some of the misinformation that is out there."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/izzy_stradlin_i_have_no_involvement_in_gnr_reunion.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down