APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2015.11.30 - Social Magazine/Blabbermouth - Richard Fortus 'Gets Along Really Well' With Axl Rose

Go down

2015.11.30 - Social Magazine/Blabbermouth - Richard Fortus 'Gets Along Really Well' With Axl Rose Empty 2015.11.30 - Social Magazine/Blabbermouth - Richard Fortus 'Gets Along Really Well' With Axl Rose

Post by Blackstar Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:25 pm

Guns N' Roses Guitarist Richard Fortus 'Gets Along Really Well' With Axl Rose

Guns N' Roses and The Dead Daisies guitarist Richard Fortus was recently interviewed by the Social lifestyle magazine. You can now listen to the chat in the YouTube clip below. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by Blabbermouth.net).

On how he felt when he was first asked to join Guns N' Roses in 2001:

"To be honest with you, it sort of wasn't my thing. I wasn't really… I wasn't into metal as a kid, I was sort of a punk rock kid, and all the bands that I was in were all very different; they weren't metal. So when I first got that call, I thought it was unusual, but it sort of made sense because of the people that were in that band at the time: Robin from Nine Inch Nails, Tommy from The Replacements, Brain from Primus. Those were all guys that I knew and [from] the same type of genre that I was in, so it sort of made sense. And Axl sort of wanted that — he wanted a diverse type of thing. He didn't want guys that were just, you know, L.A. metal guys. 'Cause, you know, GN'R always had some roots in punk rock as well."

On his relationship with Axl Rose:

"We get along really well. You know, I guess we come from a very similar place as far as our influences and definitely relate on that level. And I think, essentially, with Axl, ultimately, that's all that really matters to him — is the music. So if we relate on that point, then everything else sort of falls into place."

On whether he thought he would stay in Guns N' Roses for as long as he has:

"I never really thought about it. And I've always done other things as well. Because I have to work; I just have to do stuff. Otherwise, I get really depressed, if I'm not working. So I've always done other things. And it always keeps it sort of fresh — when you can step outside of something and then come back to it. You have a new sense of appreciation for it, or a new perspective to add to it."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-guitarist-richard-fortus-gets-along-really-well-with-axl-rose
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down