APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2015.08.24 - KSHE St. Louis - Interview with Richard

2 posters

Go down

2015.08.24 - KSHE St. Louis - Interview with Richard Empty 2015.08.24 - KSHE St. Louis - Interview with Richard

Post by Blackstar Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:46 pm

Transcript:

Interviewer: I would normally not ask you about Guns N' Roses at all, because it's just old news, but man, are you the only guitar player left in that band right now?

Richard: I'm the last man standing.

I: I'm telling you, you are. I know you are.

Richard No, there's actually, there's a lot going on with that whole thing right now. And it is looking like next year is going to be a big, big year for Guns N' Roses.

I: Well, I've been hearing that. I've been hearing new record, but man, we hear that all the time about them. And we hear that about Van Halen all the time, "a new record," and it never happens.

Richard: Yeah? I can't really speak about Van Halen. [laughs] But I think they should get Gary Cherone back.

I: Oh, stop, stop! No, don't get off the subject. OK, tell me now. You are the only Guns N' Roses' guitarist left right now.

Richard: Man, I can't... I can't divulge information like that.

I: Alright, well, listen, let's put it this way: To the mass audience out there all we know of right now is that you are the only guitar player left. Because, I mean, it's been out, you know-

Richard: As far as you know, that's right.

[laughs]

I: Exactly. Because, I mean, DJ Ashba quit and then Bumblefoot has been gone, that just broke. And so, you know, for all of us who, you know, are not in the know, we just think it's you.

Richard: And that's right. But, you know, man, I sure hope we play St. Louis this next year. Wouldn't that be great?

I: Yes, it would.

Richard: I mean, you'd forgive us, right?

I: Well, I don't care. I'd love to see it. I mean, I was at the riot show. I'm way over it. I want to see the band. But your-

Richard: Dude, you know what I was doing at the riot show? The night of that riot, I was playing in Kennedy [?].

I: Were you, really? [laughs] How funny is that?

Richard: It's true.

I: So, alright, so there's a lot going on, you are alluding to the fact that you are maybe technically not the only guitarist in Guns N' Roses.

Richard: Maybe.

I: So I guess when it's-

Richard: But I am definitely saying this is going to be a big year for us.

I:  OK, 2016.

Richard: Next year, next year will be a great year.

I: Well, I'm telling you, you are the only guy that can could convince Axl to play this town again. So I-

Richard: You know what, that's not... Axl wants to play this town again.

I: I remember you said that, but it never happens, it never happens.

Richard: No, no, no. Because, and he was like, "You know what, we're just waiting for the right offer and the right scenario to make it right." You know, he's very particular about-

I: Everything.

Richard: - [?] the situation is, he wants to do it the right way.

I: Alright, alright, fine, fine.

Richard: OK?

I: Man, if you guys played that amphitheater where it all went down, that would be phenomenal, don't you think?

Richard: I don't know [laughs]. [?] I know it was pretty traumatic for [?]

I: It was. Yeah, I guess they wouldn't... Yeah that might be too much.

Richard: For everybody involved-

I: But to make it up. But just to to to put a closure on it, man, that would be unbelievable, if you guys did.

Richard: It would be. You're right, I think it would be.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

2015.08.24 - KSHE St. Louis - Interview with Richard Empty Re: 2015.08.24 - KSHE St. Louis - Interview with Richard

Post by Soulmonster Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:12 am

Transcribed this.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76581

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum