APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2015.06.08 - Axl Rose Fã Clube Brazil - Interview with Frank

Go down

2015.06.08 - Axl Rose Fã Clube Brazil - Interview with Frank Empty 2015.06.08 - Axl Rose Fã Clube Brazil - Interview with Frank

Post by Blackstar Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:51 am

Translated from Portuguese:
https://axlrosefaclube.com/2015/06/axl-rose-fa-clube-entrevista-frank-ferrer/

Axl Rose Fã Clube Interview: Frank Ferrer

In a very friendly conversation, Frank Ferrer commented on how it is to be part of a band the size of Guns N' Roses, his relationship with the other members and with Axl Rose, his side projects, upcoming tours and about his Brazilian fans.

Check out the full interview below:

Axl Rose Fã Clube: When the band is not on tour, how often do you talk to the other members of Guns N' Roses? And with Axl Rose? Does he keep in touch with you?

Frank Ferrer: I speak and write a lot with Axl Rose and Richard (Fortus). Chris Pitman and I are doing our rock/electronica band, BEATRAZR, so we talk constantly. I've been working with Tommy (Stinson) on his next solo album so I go over to his house when he's there. He lives about 2 hours north of my house. I text the others.

Axl Rose Fã Clube: Talk a little about your side projects to Guns N' Roses, what are you doing now? Also tell about the Mule Kick.

Frank Ferrer: Well I have BEATRAZR with Chris… we're trying to combine Rock N' Roll and Electronica. Fully experimental, we're having fun.

The Compulsions just released an album, a band from New York with myself, Richard Fortus and Yaffa from Hanoi Rocks. Alex Morton joined to play bass last month. Yaffa is touring with Michael Monroe right now.

Mule Kick is a band we made to play, have fun and drink. The other members are also on tours and professional tours and when we are home we go to Beast of Bourbon in Brooklyn New York and play just for fun. No pressure, just good friends, music and drinks.

Axl Rose Fã Clube: People say that Axl Rose is very funny. How was the first time you had contact with him? How was the invitation to join Guns N' Roses?

Frank Ferrer: Axl Rose has a great sense of humor. Always sending text messages or emails with jokes.

I got a call from Tommy asking me if I knew any Guns N' Roses songs. And I was like “WHAT???” . Then he told me that Brian had to leave the tour for a few shows between the 4th and 8th and that I would be the one to fill in for him. Of course I was super excited and jumped at the opportunity.

Axl Rose Fã Clube: Does the band have plans for an upcoming tour?

Frank Ferrer: There are always plans for a tour. Hopefully by the end of this year or early next year!

Axl Rose Fã Clube: You played three times in Brazil, 2010, 2011 and 2014. What can you say about our country and the Brazilian fans?

Frank Ferrer: I love Brazil. Beautiful country and beautiful people. I love the beaches. The Brazilian fans are amazing and very passionate!

Axl Rose Fã Clube: You've been in the band for about 9 years now. What are the pros and cons of this.

Frank Ferrer: Well, the cons are always being away from loved ones. Pros? Well… I play drums with Guns N' Roses, for everybody and get paid for it!

Axl Rose Fã Clube: Finally, leave a message for the Brazilian fans.

Frank Ferrer: I miss you guys, can't wait to see you again! Thanks.

The Axl Rose Fã Clube team thanks Frank Ferrer for his care and attention.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87861

Back to top Go down