APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2015.07.23 - Perú21/Blabbermouth - Steven Adler: 'Nobody Knows' The Name Of The Current GN'R Drummer

Go down

2015.07.23 - Perú21/Blabbermouth - Steven Adler: 'Nobody Knows' The Name Of The Current GN'R Drummer Empty 2015.07.23 - Perú21/Blabbermouth - Steven Adler: 'Nobody Knows' The Name Of The Current GN'R Drummer

Post by Blackstar Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:28 pm

ADLER, the band led by former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler, was interviewed by Perú21 prior to its July 23 concert in Lima, Peru. You can now watch the chat below.

Asked how he feels about the fact that most people remember him as the "one and only" drummer of Guns N' Roses, Adler replied: [It's] 'cause I am." He added: "Do you know the name of the drummer who's in Guns N' Roses now? See, neither do I. Nobody knows. I only found out Matt Sorum's name last week, 'cause he called me up. [Laughs] I'm kidding. I love you, Matt."

Adler also spoke about Guns N' Roses' reputation as a hard-partying band which fully embraced the "sex, drugs and rock and roll" clichés of the 1980s. He said: "It was a lifestyle. Because when we were growing up, the bands that we looked up to and that we loved, that's what they did. They didn't have 'Behind The Music' [television specials], like they have now, where you hear the musicians that we grew up with saying how they missed shows, how they were sick, [about] all the rehabs they had to go in. It was kind of something that, 'Hey, if you wanna be a rock star, that's what you do.' But it was a complete misconception, because rock and roll is so much more fun and exciting when you're all there [points to his head]. But, at first, when you're young, you're a teenager, you're shy, you're trying to find yourself and figure out who you are as a person, and you wanna fit in, and you have a couple of drinks, and, all of a sudden, you can talk to girls. But that's where it gets you. At first, it's, like, 'Oh, I can talk to girls. I can be sociable.' But then it gets ahold of you and it completely takes over your life and it's just a waste of time. I wasted twenty years doing that, and I wish I could get that time back, but I can't. The only thing I can do is live for today the best that I can."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/steven-adler-nobody-knows-the-name-of-the-current-guns-n-roses-drummer
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down