APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Axl spoke and sang at Lisa Marie Prestley's funeral

3 posters

Go down

Axl spoke and sang at Lisa Marie Prestley's funeral Empty Axl spoke and sang at Lisa Marie Prestley's funeral

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:31 pm

What a lovely thing to do. A class act.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Uli, denitza and Blackstar like this post

Back to top Go down

Axl spoke and sang at Lisa Marie Prestley's funeral Empty Re: Axl spoke and sang at Lisa Marie Prestley's funeral

Post by Blackstar Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:40 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

denitza likes this post

Back to top Go down

Axl spoke and sang at Lisa Marie Prestley's funeral Empty Re: Axl spoke and sang at Lisa Marie Prestley's funeral

Post by Blackstar Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:48 am

Article and short interview, Entertainment Tonight:

Axl Rose Remembers Friend Lisa Marie Presley, Talks Performing at Her Memorial Service (Exclusive)

Axl Rose was honored to be able to perform and speak at Lisa Marie Presley's memorial service.

"I didn't really know I was going to speak or anything," the founding member of Guns N' Roses tells ET's Kevin Frazier. "I still feel like I don't know that I deserve to be here, but I wanted to try to do right by her and her family and her fans. So it meant a lot, but I was pretty nervous and emotional up there.

Axl joined a host of family, friends and fans at Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, on Sunday to pay tribute to Elvis and Priscilla Presley's only child. In honor of Lisa Marie, Rose performed one of her favorite songs, "November Rain."

"It was my understanding, she actually talked about if the situation ... so that's why I was asked to do it," he says of performing the band's 1991 single. "Of course, I had to be here."

During the service, Axl took to the stage and delivered a moving message about his friend before getting behind the piano for an emotional performance.

"I'm sure many of you are still in shock as I feel," the 60-year-old musician told the crowd. "I'll continue to be for quite some time. I feel like I'm supposed to be texting her like right now saying, 'I'm here,' telling her how wonderful everyone is."

Axl continued, "I never in a million years imagined singing here, especially under these circumstances. This is truly devastating."

The musician spoke about Lisa Marie's love of her family, and how important it was for her to uphold Elvis' legacy.

"I do know Lisa loved her family very much and was fiercely protective of her father and his legacy -- both her love for him and his love for her. She was extremely proud as anyone could ever be of her father and his many accomplishments, his place in music and American and world history," Axl said.

He also noted the importance of Baz Lurhmann's movie, Elvis -- starring Austin Butler, who attended the ceremony with his girlfriend, Kaia Gerber, and his sister, Ashley Butler. "She was also very proud of the Elvis movie and how she felt it portrayed her father and the care that was put into the film by those involved," he said.

Axl spoke of Lisa Marie's mission to help others even during her time of grief, following the death of her son, Benjamin Keough, in 2020. "With Ben's passing, Lisa's life and the rest of her family and loved ones took a turn down a hard road," he shared. "She was honoring for honoring to the best of her abilities, seeking out help, choosing to help others who experienced or experiencing such a such a loss and pain."

He concluded, "We're gathered here today to pay our respects to Lisa and her family and to share our memories, console one another to the degree that we're able, and though under such difficult, heartbreaking and somber circumstances. Also to celebrate the life of a friend, a loved one, a beautiful and good soul, and a cherished and deeply missed family member. Lisa is loved and missed by many and will continue to be loved and missed by all those whose lives she touched. Thank you."

Axl then played an emotional rendition of Guns N' Roses' "November Rain."

https://www.etonline.com/axl-rose-remembers-friend-lisa-marie-presley-talks-performing-at-her-memorial-service-exclusive
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Uli and denitza like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:45 pm

Very emotional Axl
denitza
denitza

Plectra : 4845

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down