APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

When was the Making of Estranged video shot?

2 posters

Go down

When was the Making of Estranged video shot?  Empty When was the Making of Estranged video shot?

Post by Wilco Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:37 pm

I know the live sequences were shot during a European leg in 1993; but is there any idea when the Making of Estranged video itself was shot?

Asking as it came out in late April 1994. Am curious if the behind the scenes stuff was shot in 93 or 94

Similarly, any firm dates for the SIDHY video?

Thank you so much!!!
Wilco
Wilco

Plectra : 1422

Back to top Go down

When was the Making of Estranged video shot?  Empty Re: When was the Making of Estranged video shot?

Post by Blackstar Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:38 am

I assume the interviews for the Making of Estranged were recorded at the same time the scenes for the video itself were shot, which was in late August and early September 1993, as is evident from this article from Sept. 2, 1993:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4010-1993-09-02-the-galveston-daily-news-guns-n-roses-video-filmed-in-gulf

Axl wore his Manson t-shirt in the interview, so I don't think it was later than that.

I don't know about the Since I Don't Have You video. It is mentioned in this Slash interview from Feb. 2 1994 that the it was going to be released in mid-February, which could be an indication that it was already shot by then:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5530-1994-02-02-the-province-slash-quakes-in-snowstorm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Wilco likes this post

Back to top Go down

When was the Making of Estranged video shot?  Empty Re: When was the Making of Estranged video shot?

Post by Wilco Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:51 am

Just did a quick calendar search. The Wednesday referred to in that article is September 1st, 1993. Which means the oil tanker sequence sequence was shot on that date. And it says that the crew will progress to the Bahamas for more filming. Any idea what stuff was shot in the Bahamas for that video? But yes, would seem to put that filming squarely in late August through early September 1993 as you say

The SIDHY thing is interesting. In their interview on 1/3/1994, Axl and Slash spoke as if it hasn’t been done yet, but will be. And what you posted from Slash - that indicates to me it was probably done in either mid - late January perhaps into early February 1994.

What’s interesting is that Axl did a whole photo shoot for that video, his last photo professional shoot of the 90s. For a low priority video, that he had a bunch of solo shots done is interesting.
Wilco
Wilco

Plectra : 1422

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:35 am

Wilco wrote: Any idea what stuff was shot in the Bahamas for that video? But yes, would seem to put that filming squarely in late August through early September 1993 as you say 
I don't know, maybe the scene of Slash emerging from the water?
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Wilco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down