APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2015.11.05 - Alternative Nation - Scott Weiland Says Guns N’ Roses Will Reunite

Go down

2015.11.05 - Alternative Nation - Scott Weiland Says Guns N’ Roses Will Reunite Empty 2015.11.05 - Alternative Nation - Scott Weiland Says Guns N’ Roses Will Reunite

Post by Blackstar Sat May 21, 2022 5:51 pm

Scott Weiland Says Guns N’ Roses Will Reunite

by Brett Buchanan

I conducted an in-depth interview with former Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland last night for Alternative Nation that will be posted in its entirety on Monday, and during the interview Weiland said he thinks the original Guns N’ Roses lineup will reunite. When I asked him about his feud with Axl Rose in 2006 amidst rumors at the time of a Guns N’ Roses reunion, Weiland had some interesting comments for Alternative Nation.

“I remember a little bit about it. There was a little going back and forth between the two of us at the time, but I think that Guns N’ Roses are getting back together.”

When I pressed Weiland on how he knew, he responded: “I just heard that.”

“We’ve heard rumors,” Weiland’s Wildabouts bassist Tommy Black added.

Weiland praised Slash’s starpower. “I think Slash is actually a bigger star right now than Axl.” Tommy Black called Slash a ‘brand.’ Weiland said, “He’s the hat.”

I also asked Weiland why he claimed Velvet Revolver were reuniting for a new album and tour in 2012, and he blamed Slash’s ex-wife for the reunion not happening following the band’s one off benefit show for John O’Brien.

“Because we did a show together, and there was talk about us getting back together, but Perla, Slash’s ex-wife, kind of put the kibosh on everything.”

“As far as getting back together, I thought at the time we would get back together and do a tour.”

https://web.archive.org/web/20151105182618/http://www.alternativenation.net/scott-weiland-guns-n-roses-reunion/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87861

Back to top Go down

2015.11.05 - Alternative Nation - Scott Weiland Says Guns N’ Roses Will Reunite Empty Re: 2015.11.05 - Alternative Nation - Scott Weiland Says Guns N’ Roses Will Reunite

Post by Blackstar Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:21 am

Related article in Billboard, November 7, 2015:
------------------------------------------------------

Scott Weiland Says Classic Guns N Roses Lineup Is Reuniting

By Mitchell Peters

Scott Weiland dropped a couple of newsworthy tidbits about Guns N’ Roses and Chester Bennington’s involvement in Stone Temple Pilots during a recent interview with Alternative Nation.

The former STP frontman, who performed alongside several GNR members in Velvet Revolver, said he believes the classic GNR lineup will be reuniting. The statement came when Weiland was asked about a previous feud with Axl Rose in 2006.

“I remember a little bit about it,” he told Alternative Nation. “There was a little going back and forth between the two of us at the time, but I think that Guns N’ Roses are getting back together.”

As previously reported, Slash and Rose are now on good terms after years of bad blood. Slash, who left GNR in 1996, delivered the update on their relationship in an interview with Sweden’s Aftonbladet.

“It was probably way overdue, you know,” the guitarist said, declining to discuss potential reunion plans. “But it’s, you know, it’s very cool at this point. You know, let some of that, sort of, negative … dispel some of that negative stuff that was going on for so long.”

Meanwhile, Weiland also claims that Linkin Park frontman Bennington — who replaced Weiland as STP’s singer in 2013 — has left the group.

“He’s not in the band any more.” Weiland said. “I heard he’s not in the band anymore.” He added, “[Chester’s] got a band where he gets paid $700,000 a night with, and with STP, the brand is kind of falling apart, which is a shame.”

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/scott-weiland-guns-n-roses-reuniting-stone-temple-pilots-chester-bennington-slash-axl-rose-6754050/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87861

Back to top Go down