APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2022.05.05 - Stereogum - Max Creeps Deny Being a Hoax Band! (Duff)

Go down

2022.05.05 - Stereogum - Max Creeps Deny Being a Hoax Band! (Duff) Empty 2022.05.05 - Stereogum - Max Creeps Deny Being a Hoax Band! (Duff)

Post by Shackler Sun May 15, 2022 10:10 pm

https://www.stereogum.com/2185726/max-creeps-deny-being-a-hoax-band/news/

Max Creeps Deny Being A Hoax Band
MAY 5, 2022 8:59 AM BY CHRIS DEVILLE

Yesterday we published a list of noteworthy hoax bands pegged to Nein, the upcoming album from Max Creeps, described in a recent press release as “the highly-influential Seattle band who formed following a chance encounter at David Bowie’s 1973 Hammersmith Odeon show and went on to revolutionize music, inspiring a legion of bands including the Sex Pistols, The Clash, Wire, and Devo, while simultaneously creating what we now call ‘punk rock’ and abstaining from cementing their songs to vinyl or any format du jour.” In response to that article, the two members of the definitely-not-fake band have issued statements.
Here’s the good word from Max Blastic:

This is Max B. from Max Creeps and please let me assure you we are no hoax band. It kind of hurts my feelings to be mentioned in the same frame as Milly Vanilly (sp) but I guess it’s understandable.

We were in some ways lucky that we never actually made a record back in the day, people talk about the bootleg but has anyone actually seen or heard it? Not I! So it made it way easier for our media guy, TJ MAX, to wipe the internet ahead of our return. Clean slate = clean plate, or so they say! We were serious about our breakup, we really thought no-one remembered or cared at all. It’s hard to beat your head against the wall for so many years without a shard of recognition, and we really were inspired by the nice words of (some) people. Haters, well they do what they do, and they do it very well! But we’re here for the, how do you put it, the NON-haters!

Sincerely,

Max Blastic
Max Creeps

And here’s what PC Bullshit had to say:

We’ve never heard of you either!

– PC Bullshit.
I guess that settles it then!

Nein is out 5/13 on Velocity Records.
Shackler
Shackler

Plectra : 2693

Blackstar likes this post