APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2014.06.20 - Mulatschag TV - Interview with Duff

Go down

2014.06.20 - Mulatschag TV - Interview with Duff Empty 2014.06.20 - Mulatschag TV - Interview with Duff

Post by Blackstar Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:41 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2014.06.20 - Mulatschag TV - Interview with Duff Empty Re: 2014.06.20 - Mulatschag TV - Interview with Duff

Post by Blackstar Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:43 pm

Excerpt from Blabbermouth:
----------------------------------

Former Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan, who shared a Seattle-bound flight with Kurt Cobain just days before the Nirvana frontman's suicide, and was one of the last people to speak with Cobain, talked about the encounter during a recent interview with Austria's Mulatschag TV.

Said McKagan (see video below): "I was really fucked up [when I saw Kurt]. I mean, I wrote about it in my book, It was, like, 87 words. We were both fucked up. It wouldn't have been a big deal… It was something, like, even at that time… we were just two fucked up guys, but we were both in big bands and we landed at the airport and we kind of talked about… I mean, my pancreas blew up four weeks later. He died two days later. So that's where we were both at at our lives — at the end of our ropes. I didn't have a sense that he was gonna die in two days, but again, a lot of my friends and peers were dying, or had died, and I was getting numb to it, getting used to it. And even when I got a call that he died, I didn't fall out of my chair. It just happened. And I was too fucked up to really take it in. I was, like, 'Oh, another one fell.'"

https://blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-i-didnt-have-a-sense-that-kurt-cobain-was-going-to-die-two-days-after-i-saw-him
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down