APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.07.19 - Triple M/Blabbermouth - Slash Talks About The 25th Anniversary Of 'Appetite For Destruction'

Go down

2012.07.19 - Triple M/Blabbermouth - Slash Talks About The 25th Anniversary Of 'Appetite For Destruction' Empty 2012.07.19 - Triple M/Blabbermouth - Slash Talks About The 25th Anniversary Of 'Appetite For Destruction'

Post by Blackstar Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:26 am

Video footage of Slash talking to Australia's long-running radio station Triple M about the 25th anniversary of Guns N' Roses' classic debut album, "Appetite For Destruction", can be seen below.

"'Appetite' is not what you'd call a favorite record [of mine]," Slash admitted. "I never even thought of it that way. It's a good record, but, to me, it's still that record that we made at the time when all that shit was happening. I mean, when we recorded [those songs], it was just what we were doing, and so I still look at it that way. I don't see it as being the big record that other people see it as; I'm too close to it."

He continued, "When we got together, as far as I was concerned, we were definitely the only five guys that could have made up that band. There were a lot of different configurations — Steven and I; Steven, Duff and I; Steven, Axl and I; Izzy and Axl; Izzy, Axl and Duff — and it finally settled into what became that band. And I don't think any of the other configurations could have possibly worked to make up what Guns N' Roses really was. And the record I just sort of a basic snapshot of life going on from 1984 to 1987, and it's a very honest record. I would never have thought in a million years that it was gonna be as successful as it became. Obviously, I thought we were a great band, I thought the songs were great, and I always stood behind that, but I thought we'd be more of a hard rock cult band."

"At this point that it became so iconic, I think one of the reasons is the fact that it was talking about stuff that nobody really talked about at the time, it was delivered with an attitude that was so sincere that a lot of people really related to it because we said things that people would have felt uncomfortable about saying but felt those same things. And we were living really on the edge and singing about it and people were like, 'Wow, that's pretty brutal.'

"The songs happened so quickly, they almost wrote themselves — honestly. With Axl, I know that he was always very, very conscientious of the lyrics and might have spent some more time with the lyrics, but the actual arrangements and the music itself would come together within an hour. We might have fine-tuned some stuff later on, but we'd be playing a new song in a club after only having worked on it for a couple of hours."

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-talks-about-the-25th-anniversary-of-guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction-video/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down