APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Best Guns And Roses song? ????

3 posters

Go down

Best  Guns And Roses song? ???? Empty Best Guns And Roses song? ????

Post by Karice Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:00 am

This one is slightly different than my last one where I compared Welcome To The Jungle to Paradise City in a head to head battle between then. This one is for best Guns And Roses song all around.

I chose Paradise City as better song in Better Guns And Roses song,  but I recently listened to Sweet Child Of Mine and Welcome To The Jungle and I  REALLY enjoy both of them too. It just might be a three way tie as best Guns And Roses song. 😏😏😉😀

What do you think is the best Guns And Roses song? 😀😉😏😀

Do you also choose Multiple Guns And Roses songs as tied for best Guns And Roses song? 😀😏😉😀
Karice
Karice

Plectra : 749

Back to top Go down

Best  Guns And Roses song? ???? Empty Re: Best Guns And Roses song? ????

Post by Soulmonster Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:57 am

That's a hard question. If I were to pick one, I'd probably go with Welcome to the Jungle, both because it is such a great song but also because to me it encapsulates what GN'R is, in different ways.

If I was to pick a few more, I could easily add Nightrain, It's So Easy and Sweet Child O' Mine from Appetite, Estranged and Locomotive from Use Your Illusions, and There was A Time from Chinese Democracy.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 68349

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:16 am

@Soulmonster wrote:That's a hard question. If I were to pick one, I'd probably go with Welcome to the Jungle, both because it is such a great song but also because to me it encapsulates what GN'R is, in different ways.

If I was to pick a few more, I could easily add Nightrain, It's So Easy and Sweet Child O' Mine from Appetite, Estranged and Locomotive from Use Your Illusions, and There was A Time from Chinese Democracy.

Yep, it's possible to think Multiple Guns And Roses Songs have ties as best Guns And Roses song. 😀

For me especially, each of the three I voted for have special meanings for me personally. Welcome To The Jungle was played on Vh1 the day before we were merging two different Church Congregations together. I was feeling a bit nervous and the last day before the merging, Welcome To The Jungle played on VH1...🤣 How coincidental. 🤣 Luckily, the merging of different Church Congregations worked out REALLY well. 😀

Sweet Child Of Mine, I honestly at one time thought this was their ONLY hit because Music Channels would usually ONLY play Sweet Child Of Mine. Guns And Roses was voted something like," "One Of The Most Influential Rock And Roll Music Bands Of All Time," on VH1 or something like that, and I thought something like,"How are Guns And Roses one of the Most Influential Rock And Roll Music Bands Of All Time? They only have ONE hit, Sweet Child Of Mine. They are a One Hit Wonder! Since when are One Hit Wonder Music Bands Influential? I mean Sweet Child Of Mine is a REALLY good song, but it's their ONLY hit!" I had no idea about their other Hits at the time since the Music Channels were basically ONLY playing Sweet Child Of Mine.

Paradise City. Paradise City is the Guns And Roses Song that made me go,"Wow! What a phenomenal song! This song grabs me and won't let me go and I love it! 😀
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:28 am

Once again, I find it hard to pin it down to just one song! Blanco

However, SCOM was the first song I ever heard by them, so this one will always be special to me. Cool
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 8232

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:57 pm

@Uli wrote:Once again, I find it hard to pin it down to just one song! Blanco

However, SCOM was the first song I ever heard by them, so this one will always be special to me. Cool

We have similar feelings about SCOM. 😏😉😀 SCOM is the first song you heard by them, at one point I thought SCOM was their ONLY hit and they were some Rock And Roll one hit wonder Music Band thanks to the music Channels basically ONLY playing SCOM. 😜 It would be like if someone thought that highly Influential Jimi Hendrix was a one hit Wonder and Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix was his ONLY hit due to Music Channels basically ONLY playing Purple Haze. 😜
Karice
Karice

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:11 am

Well on German major daytime radio, the hit singles by GN'R being played are mostly "November Rain" and "Knockin' on heaven's door" - you're lucky if you get any other...
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 8232

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:44 am

Same here in Norway.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Stage manager

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 68349

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:13 pm

@Uli wrote:Well on German major daytime radio, the hit singles by GN'R being played are mostly "November Rain" and "Knockin' on heaven's door" - you're lucky if you get any other...

We should thank our lucky stars that,"Get In The Ring!" Isn't the Guns And Roses song that music Channels overplay! 😜🤪😉😏
Karice
Karice

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Karice Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:35 am

Hmm. Each of the three "Best," Guns N'Roses songs brings something really good to the table.

Sweet Child Of Mine. The "Where do we go," part where Axl harmonizes with himself and Duff and Izzy is amazing. 😀 Also, I am blown away by how clear Axl's vocals are in spite of him wailing. Every word he sings is clear and you don't need a Lyrics search to find out what he is saying(singing) 😀 The same can't be said for many of Axl's songs where he is singing REALLY loud and really fast(Paradise City is a prime example of this).

Welcome To The Jungle. Axl's screeching siren noise is amazing. 😀

Paradise City. The last two minutes of Paradise City is amazing and Axl really let's himself go(In a good way😉) 😀
Karice
Karice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum