APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2011.12.14 - Spotlight Report - Interview with Matt

Go down

2011.12.14 - Spotlight Report - Interview with Matt Empty 2011.12.14 - Spotlight Report - Interview with Matt

Post by Blackstar Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:02 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88097

Back to top Go down

2011.12.14 - Spotlight Report - Interview with Matt Empty Re: 2011.12.14 - Spotlight Report - Interview with Matt

Post by Blackstar Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:44 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
-------------------------------------

Spotlight Report conducted an interview with legendary rock drummer Matt Sorum earlier this month after the grand opening of the Hard Rock Cafe in Sydney, Australia, where he shared the stage with some Australian music talent. You can now watch the chat below.

On Velvet Revolver's short-lived collaboration with Slipknot and Stone Sour frontman Corey Taylor:

Sorum: "We made some cool recordings, but Slash just wasn't feeling it. I thought it sounded cool. I mean, it was probably a little different than what Slash was used to. But I don't know… He wasn't feeling it. I have about nine demos that are pretty cool-sounding, I think they sound kind of loose and kind of fucked up like 'Appetite For Destruction' — not perfect, but like, something cool about it, a little dirty. Not like perfect guitars and shit, you know?! [They were basically] live recordings, where we just jammed and Corey sang. It's not the best drum sound, but it kind of works."

On whether Velvet Revolver is still searching for a new singer:

Sorum: "They're home right now checking a guy out without me... I said, 'Why don't you try to just write a song and see how the guy sounds and how he writes a lyric?' Because that's been a little bit of a thing. I thought Corey had good lyrics. He's a smart guy, he writes from his background. He's gone through some stuff in his life, and he writes hard lyrics. So I liked his lyrics, I got a lot of what he was saying. So we'll see how it goes. Everyone is still into finding the guy, it's just a matter of it being [snaps fingers]."

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/matt-sorum-says-velvet-revolver-s-recordings-with-corey-taylor-sounded-cool/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88097

Back to top Go down