APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Use Your Illusion box to be released in 2022

4 posters

Go down

Use Your Illusion box to be released in 2022 Empty Use Your Illusion box to be released in 2022

Post by Soulmonster Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:51 pm

Listen to Slash talk about it at the end of this interview:
https://biffbampop.com/2021/12/13/biff-bam-pop-exclusive-slash-talks-about-scoring-the-breach-his-favourite-horror-scores-movies-guns-n-roses-more/

The box will come with live shows, Ritz in '91 (?) and Las Vegas in' 89 (?), according to Slash.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Uli and ludurigan like this post

Back to top Go down

Use Your Illusion box to be released in 2022 Empty Re: Use Your Illusion box to be released in 2022

Post by Blackstar Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:20 pm

Well, that's good news, especially the shows. Slash said the Vegas show is the one where he met Perla, so it's the Jan. 25, 1992 show.

I wonder if it conflicts with the release of new music.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

Use Your Illusion box to be released in 2022 Empty Re: Use Your Illusion box to be released in 2022

Post by Blackstar Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:35 pm

Slash Says 'Use Your Illusion' Box Is Coming This Summer

There's good news for anyone who was crestfallen when the 30th anniversary of Guns N' Roses' Use Your Illusion albums came and went without any announcement of a deluxe reissue: Slash says a belated box set should arrive this summer.

"It got delayed by the pandemic but it is coming out, I think this summer," Slash said during an interview with Biff Bam Pop! editor-in-chief Andy Burns. "There's a bunch of cool live stuff on it, a couple shows. The Ritz from the early ‘90s and a show that we did in Las Vegas back in 1989, I think it was. And it’s actually the show that I met my ex-wife at."

He appeared to be referencing a May 16, 1991 show at the Ritz, the third and final secret warm-up gig before Guns N' Roses embarked on their massive Use Your Illusion Tour. Axl Rose famously broke his foot after taking a flying leap off a speaker while performing "You Could Be Mine," for which the band was recording a music video.

Slash may have gotten his Vegas dates slightly mixed up, though: He met his ex-wife, Perla Ferrar, backstage after a Vegas show in 1992, not 1989.
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-your-illusion-box-set/

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:53 am

I have no idea if it would conflict with new music. Normally I would say probably, but this is Guns N' Roses and they don't do normal. Maybe it works in our favor for once and we get both?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:58 am

wow, for a second I thought they would release a never before seen and never before heard about ultra secret 1989 Las Vegas show with the Guns n Roses lineup!

Then two seconds later I found that it iis actually a circus-era show

Nevermind, since they are releasing the Ritz 1991??

WOW

If that is true, I believe we can expect film quality -- the same cameras/footage used in the You could be mine video, right?

That would be absolutely awesome

I just hope they don't bury Izzy's guitar in the mix
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5311

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:05 am

Soulmonster wrote:I have no idea if it would conflict with new music. Normally I would say probably, but this is Guns N' Roses and they don't do normal. Maybe it works in our favor for once and we get both?

if "new music" is just old axl's old songs played by slash, duff and the 4 axl employees then I say "Give me ritz 1991"

if "new music" is actually new music (written after 2016 by axl, slash and duff), then I am curious...

if "new music" is actual new Guns n Roses music (written & performed by Axl, Izzy and Slash, and hopefully with Steven and/or Matt on drums) ) then I say "Give me new music!"
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:33 pm

got so excited with the prospect of having ritz 1991 shot on film released...

that i forgot to be pissed at the fact that they are probably NOT releasing any demos or early versions or unreleased song or anything...

which sucks

this band is so fucking lazy
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:41 pm

ludurigan wrote:got so excited with the prospect of having ritz 1991 shot on film released...

that i forgot to be pissed at the fact that they are probably NOT releasing any demos or early versions or unreleased song or anything...

which sucks

this band is so fucking lazy

Don't take your disappointment in advance Very Happy

Take pleasure in advance, never sorrows.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:09 pm

now that is a good advice!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:38 pm

do we have any confirmation on which 1991 concert (ritz? pantages?) will be in the box and do we have a release date for it?

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:09 pm

ludurigan wrote:do we have any confirmation on which 1991 concert (ritz? pantages?) will be in the box and do we have a release date for it?

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

The two shows are mentioned in the first post, although Slash is wrong regarding one of the dates.

It will come out in June, if I remember correctly.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli and ludurigan like this post

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down