APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2011.09.16 - Music Radar/Blabbermouth - Slash To Begin Recording New Album In Late October

Go down

2011.09.16 - Music Radar/Blabbermouth - Slash To Begin Recording New Album In Late October Empty 2011.09.16 - Music Radar/Blabbermouth - Slash To Begin Recording New Album In Late October

Post by Blackstar Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:51 pm

Slash To Begin Recording New Album In Late October

Fans lined up around the block yesterday (Thursday, September 15 ) as Slash appeared at the new GuitarGuitar store in Epsom, U.K. In between cutting the ribbon to officially open the impressive new building and sign autographs for hundreds of expectant fans, Music Radar managed to grab the former Guns N' Roses guitar hero to give them the skinny on his new Dunlop signature wah-wah pedal and the plans for the follow-up to his acclaimed debut solo album. You can now watch the chat at this location.

When asked about the status of the recording sessions for his new solo album, Slash said, "We actually haven't started recording, but we've been in pre-production. We're about nine songs in, as far as that goes. And when I get back from England tomorrow, we'll go in and do another 12 songs. And we start actually recording late October. This is a record with Myles singing in the entire thing. And also Brent Fitz's playing drums and Todd Kerns is playing bass."

He added, "I was really fortunate. When I'd done the record, I thought, 'I've gotta tour on this.' And I had to figure how I was gonna actually pull that off. And I set about auditioning musicians in L.A. and I just happened to meet Brent Fitz, who I'd never played before and who is not from Los Angeles; he was one of the guys I auditioned and he was great. And then he introduced me to Todd Kerns, who fit in perfectly. And it turned out to be a great band from the start definitely worth going in and making a record with."

Slash's new album will once again be produced by Eric Valentine, who has previously worked with Queens of the Stone Age and THE All-American Rejects. But "the big difference," according to Slash, will be that Eric is "also gonna be mastering this one" in addition to recording and mixing the CD. "So it's like one-stop shopping, which is pretty cool," the guitarist said.

Regarding the musicial direction of his new material and how it compares to last year's self-titled effort, Slash said, "This one's definitely a very focused Very hard. Some of it's very heavy. It's got sort of a more unified sound to it, especially with one vocal all throughout."

https://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/video-interview-slash-on-his-new-signature-wah-pedal-and-second-solo-album-497979 (video is missing)

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-to-begin-recording-new-album-in-late-october/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down