APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2010.08.23 - 98.5 WNCX/Rock Radio - GN'R's Stinson On Cancel Hack Hell

Go down

2010.08.23 - 98.5 WNCX/Rock Radio - GN'R's Stinson On Cancel Hack Hell Empty 2010.08.23 - 98.5 WNCX/Rock Radio - GN'R's Stinson On Cancel Hack Hell

Post by Blackstar Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:41 am

GN'R's Stinson On Cancel Hack Hell

Guns n'Roses bassist Tommy Stinson has revealed the other side of the drama after frontman Axl Rose's Twitter account was hacked.

On August 13 a false post stated that all GnR shows had been cancelled with immediate effect. That wasn't true – but even though Rock Radio very quickly established the real situation and was the first news outlet to confirm the announcement was untrue, many other news services continued to insist that Rose had indeed pulled the shows.

Even band members were left in limbo. Stinson tells Cleveland's 98.5 WNCX: "It's startling and it's stressful.

"You're thinking, 'I've got to get my life in order because I'm leaving in five days' – then you hear something like that coming down the pike.

"It's Sunday night and you're like, 'How am I supposed to deal with that?' Everyone's trying to figure out what's happening with it.

"Then I finally get the call that everything's fine. It's crazy shit."

Meanwhile, Reading and Leeds twin festival organisers have confirmed that GnR will be forced to finish their set at the agreed time, even if they hit the stage late.

Rose has a habit of keeping fans waiting, and when he played Leeds in 2002 he appeared two hours late, commencing the performance at the moment he was supposed to have finished it.

That meant the festival was in breach of its licence, and although local authorities and police agreed to overlook the incident, event boss Melvin Benn says GnR can't get away with it again.

He tells the BBC: "It's threatening the viability of the festival – it's really quite important. If they decide to take to the stage as late as they did in 2002, the performance just won't happen.

"I've had a very heavy warning from the council. There's a very strict curfew. We won't get away with it a second time."

https://web.archive.org/web/20100828153407/http://www.rockradio.co.uk/rock-news/gnrs-stinson-on-cancel-hack-hell/kejqd4n1/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down