APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2007.09.03 - Perfect Crime Fan Site (Brazil) - Interview with Bumblefoot

Go down

2007.09.03 - Perfect Crime Fan Site (Brazil) - Interview with Bumblefoot Empty 2007.09.03 - Perfect Crime Fan Site (Brazil) - Interview with Bumblefoot

Post by Blackstar Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:39 am

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal: Exclusive Interview with Perfect Crime

by Fkn'

Firstly, Ron, we from the Perfect Crime board would like to show our support to the current Guns line-up. We love your music. Let's begin: how are the new songs being received in the shows?

Hello, and THANK YOU, to everyone on the board! New songs are received well, I see plenty of people singing every word in the front of the audience, real cool to see that.

For you, what's the funniest song to play live? (Including the old ones.)

You mean the most fun? Funniest would have to be "Liquor & Whores" with our friend Bubbles, haha!! I think "Used To Love Her" is a fun one... shit, they're ALL fun...!

Do you intend keep playing Don't Cry on your solo? Have you considered any other?

Probably, but ya never know, we'll see what happens...

On the first time Axl sang Don't Cry with you, it happened after Paradise City. Was your solo left to the end intentionally?

Just a spontaneous thing, no two shows are exactly the same, whether it's how the song is played or the order they're played in...

How is your routine when you're touring with Guns?

Well, two important things I learned about touring from all the years before Guns, is... 1) get sleep whenever and wherever you can, because you don't know when the next time will be. There was one day in Japan that I stayed up for 43 hours, haha - a show, a party, hangin' out, an interview and video shoot with a magazine, dinner, more hangin' out... 2) bring plenty of socks. A few years ago I did a gig, and it rained the entire day and night, my feet ended up soaked and I didn't get to take my wet socks off for 17 hours. When I did, my feet looked like I was dead for 17 hours and just pulled out of a lake. Water and feet don't mix. So yes, my routine is to sleep and keep my feet dry.

Personally, I think you and Frank made an amazing job on the new Guns songs that have been played live. What of new or different have you tried bringing to them?

I thank you sir. I just try to keep a good spirit to the songs, and do whatever I think can add something of value to the songs. Like the fretless guitar in Chinese, stuff like that.

Rhiad And The Bedouins was played live before but we haven't heard it with your guitar yet. By the backstage pics, seems it was rehearhed. What do you think of this song?

Cool song, lots of energy... Smile

We usually see on the press wicked and untruthful reports and reviews about Guns, Axl and the current lineup. Does it disturb you? How does the band deal with it?

What do you mean, did someone say something bad? I didn't hear... lol. I care about the fans, the people who care about the band, not the people who don't.

What are the main differences between you and Buckethead?

About a foot in height.

How do you write your songs? Got any personal method?

They just come to me at any random moment, like a flash, the whole song just appears in my head, all the parts, melodies, rhythms... then I have to try and make it work outside of my head. If the recording doesn't give me the same feeling it had inside my head, I ditch the song.

Have you been writing songs to a new solo album? Would you give details on the stile, influences and what part of the process are you now?

Actually, I just ditched my whole new album. It wasn't capturing the feeling. I'm starting fresh, gonna write all new songs. Don't have any plan, don't know what the album will sound like, I just know that it will be the one that was meant to be.

What have you done to develop so much ability with the guitar?

You don't have to practice for hours and hours, you just need to be very focused mentally. And *enjoy* playing - music should be medication, not poison. Don't get stressed, mentally or physically. Be free.

To finish: before joining Guns N' Roses, you were planning to play South America, right? Is it possible happening yet?

I'm hoping that I can play South America when I finish a new album, and of course with GnR - whichever comes first, whenever it is, it'll be great!

We thank you a lot for the attention. It's a huge pleasure talking to you!

Pleasure is mine - thank YOU and all the board members, see ya as soon as we can ! ! Very Happy

Ron

http://www.bumblefoot.com/press/20070903-perfectcrimgnr-interview/20070903-perfectcrimegnr-interview.htm
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down