APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2009.09.20 - Scottish Daily Record - Duff Cashes In As Playboy's Money Man

Go down

2009.09.20 - Scottish Daily Record - Duff Cashes In As Playboy's Money Man Empty 2009.09.20 - Scottish Daily Record - Duff Cashes In As Playboy's Money Man

Post by Blackstar Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:41 pm

Duff cashes in as Playboy's money man

By Billy Sloan

DUFF McKAGAN proved he had an eye for figures when he was invited to a wild party at the legendary Playboy mansion.

But the US rock star wasn't just eyeing up the scantily-clad Bunny Girls lounging around the home of millionaire Hugh Hefner.

The bassist impressed the sex industry mogul with his business knowledge and landed a job writing a financial column for Playboy magazine.

Duff said: "I went to business school and got my finance degree.

"It's an interesting time to be writing a financial column. It's great fun and keeps my brain ticking over.

Duff shot to fame playing with two of the biggest bands in rock history - Guns 'N' Roses and Velvet Revolver.

So he's one of the few rockers equipped to keep tabs on the royalties he earns.

He said: "I keep a handle on where all our money goes.

"When Guns blew up we began creating huge income - not just for us but for other people.

"Musicians have no training for things like business managers and tax credits. I didn't want to get ripped off so I learned about it."

Duff brings his new band Loaded to the O2 Academy in Glasgow on October 17 supporting Black Stone Cherry.

The group will promote new single Mother's Day, a track from their album, Sick.

Duff said: "I like the feeling of forward motion a tour gives you - from the cameraderie of a band to the feedback from the audience."

He has fond memories of playing in Scotland with Velvet Revolver ... the supergroup formed with ex-Guns' bandmates Slash and Matt Sorum.

'He told me: "Our show at the SECC in Glasgow in 2004 is one of my three favourite gigs of my entire career.

"The crowd was figuratively carrying us on their shoulders.

"I felt so in the moment.

"I'd put it up there with when Guns played at Rock In Rio in 1991."

But Duff has promised we've not seen the last of Velvet Revolver.

In 2008, singer Scott Weiland announced on stage at the SECC he was quitting the band but Duff says plans are in place to reform the band next autumn.

He said: "We've got a top 10 list of singers we'd like to try out and enough material for a great new record."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/duff-cashes-in-as-playboys-money-man-1037173

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down